Complaint Review: Rides Restored

• Updated: Wed, September 04, 2013

• Reported By: Gus — Towanda Pennsylvania
Rides Restored
1307 Hendricks Rd Red Hill, PA. Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania USA

Rides Restored bob mihalcik do not pay upfront for any of his workor you will get ripped off Bechtelsville Pennsylvania

This place is a total ripoff. took my 68' in to get some work done on the suspension, disc brake conversion and a new intake manifold with carb. (special offer on the web site) got a quote from them before deciding to take the car to them. the qoute clearly states parts and labor. a grand total of $4706.00. $2709.00 parts and $1997.00 labor. which I paid in advance after hearing him complain about how everyone comes in and don't pay their bill until he has a small fortune of his own money invested in their cars. I assured him that would not be the case with me. as I explained I wanted the car ready for my daughters graduation day and I would pay him in advance for all his work and parts. I gave him a check for $5000.00 just incase he needed extra parts. after a closer inspection of the car he told me the car was going to need some major frame work and the engine was not in the best of health for the intake upgrade and told me he needed a total of about $25000.00 more to get the car back to a safe running condition. my reply was no I am not finacially ready to invest that kind of money on a graduation gift. he said he had a car he wanted me to see I might be interested in. The price of the car was $20.000 I was not interested and told him I would come pick up the car with a trailer. when I picked up the car the motor was out and the car was not even running anymore ie: I was driving the car when I left it there.

The day I picked up the car I asked him to give me the parts I had paided for and he said he never ordered all the parts and some parts were lost in his warehouse. he also said he would not return any of my money because he was going to charge me a storage fee for the car being at his shop. outside in the backyard along with all the old car parts in a junk pile. the motor and tranny were in the same place out in the weather. Basically all I got for my money was the motor and tranny pulled out and the two front fenders removed along with the hood and part of the front end. I have seen some of the work he does and it is good work... he does not have any communication skills and thinks he can do whatever he wants with no respect for the law. To the public I strongly advise anyone who is looking to do businees with this place to consider an alternative. that being said: find someone who is honest and can live up to their word. I have not up to date recieved any of my parts or money from this guy, he totally ripped me off of $5000.00 and there is nothing I can do to get it back without spending more money on lawyers and court fees. wish I had more money to get my money back...

Rides restored I hope you read this and realize how to handle your business in the future. as for me I will let the Daughters dream set and rust till I can save more money and hopefully find an honest hard working person as myself who still believes in sweating for the all mighty dollar...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 06:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rides-Restored/Bechtelsville-Pennsylvania-18076/Rides-Restored-bob-mihalcik-do-not-pay-upfront-for-any-of-his-workor-you-will-get-ripped-1081520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rides Restored