Complaint Review: rite aid

• Reported By: angry customer — Long Beach California United States of America
rite aid
Long Beach, California United States of America

rite aid Loyalty camera-scam Long Beach, California

I bought one of Rite aid's loyalty cameras about 8 months ago. A loyalty camera is a reusable digital camera that Rite Aid says will save you money. You buy the camera at a low price at the store, but the camera comes with no usb cord. instead, you are supposed to go into the store where they will have a usb cord that is designed especially  for the camera. I thought it was a good deal as I almost never take pictures and live up the street from a Rite Aide. I didn't realize the horrible punishment I would get in return for my "loyalty."

About two weeks after buying the camera, I went to my Rite Aid to get pictures of a vacation printed. The clerk had never seen the camera before and the store did not have the usb cord. after they called two different stores they found one that had one at 5128 E 2nd St in Long Beach.I traveled to that store and got my pictures printed. I did this several more times over the next two month.

Tonight, I went back to the same Rite Aid. It had been about six months since I printed pictures. I needed some pictures put on a disc for work. I won't say what I do, but the pictures were critical. I got there and noticed the photo department had been remodeled. When I asked where the cord was the store manager told me they didn't have them any more. she said this with a lazy shrug and didn't seem to care.  I pointed out that they were still selling the camera. She rolled her eyes and asked another employee about it. It turned out to be the same employee who helped me last time he told me when the store was remodeled they threw away all the cords. He checked around to make sure that they didn't have anymore. There didn't seem to be a set place where the cord was supposed to be, it was like watching someone look through their garage. Although the employees were sympathtic, no one took responsibility for selling  a useless camera.

I was furious. I told him I needed the pictures for work and wasn't leaving without them. He called five store  each of which sold the product. NOT ONE OF THEM HAD THE CORD! He went back to the manager. When she saw that I wasn't going away she called the corporate office. somehow the one cord in the city was located. she went and got it while I waited.

She returned with the cord and we got the pictures on a disc. The whole thing took an hour and a half. I made her give me my money back for the camera.

I can't believe Rite Aid contuinues to sell these cameras when not one of the stores carries the cord to them. the camera is completely useless without the cord. They should be ashamed of themselves for lying to people and inconviencing them while asking for their loyalty. I will never shop at Rite Aide again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2012 11:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rite-aid/Long-Beach-California-90803/rite-aid-Loyalty-camera-scam-Long-Beach-California-881689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rite aid