Complaint Review: River City Resorts

• Updated: Fri, October 11, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — New York New York
River City Resorts
488 South Seguin Avenues New Braunfels, Texas USA

River City Resorts Vacation Condo, Chemicals Smell, Mattresses on Floor, Painters Tape instead of Outlet Covers, Yikes New Braunfels Texas

I rented a condo off the internet from River City Resorts of New Braunfels Texas.  There was a YouTube video of a lovely unit with antiques, art, and loads of comfy furniture.  Also the description from River City was of a beautifully furnished unit with antiques and a washer dryer.  I made my reservations a year ahead based on this description.

Upon arrival late Friday evening with my 83 year old parents and my three year old cousin, we found an almost empty construction zone with no furniture whatsoever in the bedrooms, mattresses with no boxsprings on the floors, awful paint and deer repellent smell throughout, food in the frig that did not pertain to us, painters tape over electrical outlets instead of covers, no bannister on the stairs, it was just too awful to fully describe here.

When I called the office they said they had no other accommodations available.  I had to find last minute beds for my parents who were unable to manage sleeping on the floor!  The River City Resorts has declined a refund and is even sending false papers to my credit card company now that have nothing to do with me.  I have never filed a negative complaint on anyone in my whole life but this is beyond the pale.  Oh, they did send me an email that they would refund me partially but did not follow through on that either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2013 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/River-City-Resorts/New-Braunfels-Texas-78130/River-City-Resorts-Vacation-Condo-Chemicals-Smell-Mattresses-on-Floor-Painters-Tape-in-1091211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on River City Resorts