Complaint Review: River City Rv

• Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: amonymous — Jacksonville Arkansas United States of America
River City Rv
6721 Warden Road Sherwood, Arkansas United States of America

River City Rv I put $2,000 down payment for a 2006 travel trailer on November 3, 2012. Sherwood, Arkansas

*Author of original report: River City

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We work as hard as we can to help every customer.

We went to River City Rvs looking to purchase a travel trailer. We filled out all the paperwork. Put a down payment of $2,000 this was on November 3, 2012. I supplied them with the references and proof of income like they asked for. I never heard anything thing from them. Enough was enough. Five (5) weeks later, I informed them to refund my money and I went somewhere else. We then got approved at the other dealership in less than 1 day. I can only say one thing about this company. Stay away they will only blow smoke. They make empty promises that they will not keep. I truely hope that they will someday change the way that they treat people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/River-City-Rv/Sherwood-Arkansas-72120/River-City-Rv-I-put-2000-down-payment-for-a-2006-travel-trailer-on-November-3-2012-S-978573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on River City Rv

River City

AUTHOR: amonymous - (United States of America)

First of all we never received a call from you Mr. Woods  or anyone else informing us of any situation we were in as he put it. Second , you say that you offered to personally finance us?? That never happened. As we only talked to you that 1 time to sign the intent to purchase agreement.  You also state that you couldn't reach ANY of our references ???? Another lie on your part. All are current and have up to date numbers. I know this because I am the one who called them and asked if you had contacted them yet??? Everyone of them told me " no one has called me".  And no it was not your salesman as you put it that informed me that you would be returning my deposit.  Lets get the story straight.  I guess any excuse is better than no excuse at all.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We work as hard as we can to help every customer.

AUTHOR: River City Recreation World - (United States of America)

We tried to help obtain financing for Ms. Degonia. Unfortunately, we were unable to find a lender willing to work with the customers. At that point we contact the borrowers and informed them of the situation we were in. I offered to finance them personally, and they agreed that they would look at some of the units that i had selected.
After the customers selected a unit, they had filled out the references and proof of income as i had asked for - although my finance department was unable to reach any of the references that they had listed.

I was out of town for a week, when i came back the customer had called up here wondering what was going on with her deal - the salesman informed her that we would be returning her deposit. She spoke with me and i again confirmed that i would have a check cut with 24-48 hours for her to pick up. I understand that she is upset about receiving a check back when she had paid in cash, but we do not keep cash on hand for obvious reasons.
I truly wish the best for this customer, and i was happy to hear that she had found a Rv that she was able to purchase. If she needs anything in the future with repairs or parts i would be more than happy to have her come back to my store.