Complaint Review: Riverside Ford

• Submitted: Tue, May 26, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 26, 2009

• Reported By:Bonney Lake Washington
Riverside Ford
6616 166th Ave. E. Sumner, Washington U.S.A.

Riverside Ford Phony Repair Estimate?? Sumner Washington

The power window in my 2003 Ford Mustang stopped working. It was stuck up. I had my wife take the car to Riverside Ford for them to diagnose. They stated that the window regulator motor was bad. Gave my wife an estimate of around $500.

We don't have that kind of money to throw around, so we decided against the repair.

I had some time off work and decided to have a look for myself. I removed the door panel and first thing I notice is that the window motor is unplugged. I thought maybe the tech at Riverside Ford left it unplugged. I took the motor out, plugged it in, and low and behold it worked. Re-installed everything and the window works great.

Now, I wasn't there to say what they did, but it doesn't seem like they even tested the motor and gave my wife the $500 estimate. I wonder what they really did? Easy way to make some money. Unplug something, charge $500, then plug it back in.

By the way, replacement motor at NAPA, $100. I was able to do the repair myself, and I'm not a trained tech, in about 1 hour.

So, I can't scream "Ripoff" just yet, but I've had some friends tell me of similary experiences at the Riverside Ford service department. I guess this is a "beware" post.

Bonney Lake, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Riverside-Ford/Sumner-Washington-98390/Riverside-Ford-Phony-Repair-Estimate-Sumner-Washington-455516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Riverside Ford