Complaint Review: Riverside Residential LLC.

• Submitted: Wed, July 17, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, July 17, 2013

• Reported By: exavior75 — Reno Nevada
Riverside Residential LLC.
1550 Sky Valley Dr. Reno, Nevada USA
  • Phone: (775) 800-1556
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

Riverside Residential LLC. Southridge Apartments, Skyline Apartments Towed on Second Day Reno Nevada

Its been a while since this happened to me but I recently discovered this site so I've been updated it with a few of my previous "rip off" moments.

This is an apartment complex that towed my car on my second day as a tenant. I was moving in and they didn't tell me that there was assigned parking (there is no covered parking). At this point, I hadn't even finalized my contract with them. When I went in to ask where my car was, they said it was probably towed and it was in my contract that I could be towed. Well, this interesting little exchange led to a lawsuit in the Reno Justice Court which I ultimately won. The landlord never showed up in court, instead filing a "motion to set aside" my default judgment on the grounds that the towing case shouldn't have been scheduled so quickly. Unfortunately for them, Nevada law mandates a hearing on towed vehicles within 4 days and the Honorable Judge David Clifton denied their request and affirmed the judgment on that basis. Even if they didn't lose by default, I'm not sure how they could have prevailed considering that the public policy of this state (concerning the posting of signs) cannot be overridden by a private contract. Even then, what about the people they've been towing that aren't tenants and therefore have no contract? In short, these guys have been towing people willy nilly for quite a while and its probably true that they got away with it 99% of the time.

Another problem with this landlord is they don't have their records together. Three times so far they have put eviction intents on my door when I've paid rent. Its become a ritual where 1. I pay rent, 2. they post that I haven't paid and tack on a late fee, 3. I put a copy of the check they cashed in the drop slot, 4. they back off and don't even apologize.

Lastly, I would say that somebody needs to challenge them on these late fees in court. I haven't been nailed with one yet (that they didn't reverse) but I will say this. Just because you sign their contract doesn't mean its the end all be all. Landlord-tenant contracts are adhesion contracts under Nevada common law. An 'oppressive' or otherwise 'substantively unconscionable' provision should be rendered unenforceable by any judge in this State. Keep up the good fight guys!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Riverside-Residential-LLC/Reno-Nevada-89523/Riverside-Residential-LLC-Southridge-Apartments-Skyline-Apartments-Towed-on-Second-Day-1067778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Riverside Residential LLC.