Complaint Review: RJM Acquisitions Funding

• Submitted: Mon, March 26, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, March 26, 2007

• Reported By:Grantham New Hampshire
RJM Acquisitions Funding
575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM Acquisitions Funding We are your new creditor - Fingerhut RIP OFF FALSE!! Syosset New York

I received a letter from RJM regarding a Fingerhut account from 1995. My wife thought it was suspicious, so she decided to search the company. ripoffreport.com was the #1 hit! It appears that many people are receiving these bogus letters.My wife called RJM and said she was me. She was placed on hold for awhile, but was patient and waited for them to answer.

The "rep" at RJM requested the File#, which she gave. They verified the current address and asked if a previous address was ever valid. She said no. The rep asked if I had a fingerhut account, which my wife said no, and explained that in 1995, I was under 18, which makes it illegal for a minor to enter a legally binding contract.

The rep. asked if someone could have done this in my name with out me knowing. My wife said not at all. The rep. said she would delete the file. No other verification was used.

Anyone not knowing basic legalities or statutes of limitations could be fooled. Beware and do your homework before paying these fools!

Gerry
Grantham, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2007 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding/Syosset-New-York-11791/RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-We-are-your-new-creditor-Fingerhut-RIP-OFF-FALSE-Syosset-240780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions Funding