• Report: #1120842

• Updated: Wed, February 12, 2014

• Reported By: Terrell — Fort Lauderdale Florida
RJM Acquisitions
575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 224 Syosset, New York USA

RJM Acquisitions This company has caused my credit score to drop to the point that I cannot even open a Bank Account, or get a credit card. RJM Acquistion has been trying to force me to pay them a total of $294.91 that they have purchased from Bank Of America for Over-Draft Fees. This Bank just lost a federal Law Suit and had to settle with all of it's clients, including me, $400.000.000 because their over-draft fees were illegal and violated both Federal and State Laws.The Class Action Law Suit clearly showed that the bank didn't have the right to try and force me to pay them when the Court had ruled against them, neither does RJM Acquisitions. Syosset New York

*Consumer Comment: rjmacquisistions

In 2009 I had a Checking account with Bank of America, and I accidentally overdrawed my Debit Card for one (1) dollar at the Dollar Tree store. I was informed by the Bank that I would have to pay a thirty five (35) dollar overdraft fee for the one dollar that I overdrew. I refused to pay the 35 dollars to the bank, and each week that I did not pay they added a late fee to it until it was over two hundred (200) dollars. At that point I closed out my account with Bank of America, and I took my business elsewhere.

Right after I closed my account, the Federal Courts ruled that what the bank was doing was against the law and that their overdraft fees were in violation of a number of Federal Laws. I was contacted by one of the Attorneys who represented all of the clients in a Class Action Law Suit against Bank Of America, and I was included as a client in that Law Suit. A few months later my Bank Of America account was purchased by RJM Acquisitions, and that's when the harrassment started.

When I was first contacted by these Junk Debt Buyers, I didn't know that they were not real creditors. I thought maybe that I had to pay them until I realized that I would be paying for an act that the bank was grtting sued for anyway, and it would be stupid for me to pay for overdraft fees that was a violation of the law. I am disputing the debt to RJM because Bank of America had to settle with all of it's clients to an amount of $400.000.000 dollars, and I simply don't think that I should have to pay them.

Edward Terrell

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2014 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-Acquisitions/Syosset-New-York-11791/RJM-Acquisitions-This-company-has-caused-my-credit-score-to-drop-to-the-point-that-I-canno-1120842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM Acquisitions

rjmacquisistions

AUTHOR: dhannaman - ()

The same exact thing is being done to me right now this company is trying to collect 300.00 they say that I did with bank of america.  I did not do this i closed this account a long long time ago, and they kept trying to get their life insurance pmt of 1.50 a month & of course there was no money in the account & they knew this.  So they kept adding insufficient fund charges everytime they wanted that 1.50 knowing  the  account was closed so BofA did this to themselves. & then they handed this over to rjm that now wants me to hand them 300.00 I am not going to like the other person said they lost the lawsuit & was proven they were not t be charginhg people these charges I want this off my credit report.