Complaint Review: robert j cambell wa4zvg

• Updated: Thu, October 04, 2012

• Reported By: paul s — howell New Jersey United States of America
robert j cambell wa4zvg
1212bunchie st hueytown al 35023 Internet United States of America

robert j cambell wa4zvg promice me a perfect working radio but sold me a radio with missing parts and did not work wa4zvg@yahoo.com, Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: He used a GOLDEN SCREWDRIVER

Robert j cambell wa4zvg sold me a broken radio after i paid him for a perfect working radio. when i call him about it he told me to fill out a form on yahoo and sue him .
i met mr cambell on e bay and spoke to him he told me that if i wanted a perfect working radio with nothing wrong it would cost me 450 cash. so i sent him a money order and a week later i got a radio that did not work and was missing parts. so i called him and he did not care. he told me to get lost and if i wanted to sue him that he could not give a crap.

what i want to know is how dose e bay let this stuff happen. i guess robert j cambell as well a e bay can not be trusted. i had to take radio to a radio shop and thay said it was not worth fixing and no body will help me not mr cambell or e bay . so this rip off keeps ripping people off and e bay dose nothing at all to help people

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/robert-j-cambell-wa4zvg/internet/robert-j-cambell-wa4zvg-promice-me-a-perfect-working-radio-but-sold-me-a-radio-with-miss-946006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on robert j cambell wa4zvg

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

He used a GOLDEN SCREWDRIVER

AUTHOR: jeff Campbell - (United States of America)

First of all the man DID NOT BUY A RADIO through EBAY. He called me on the phone, God knows where he got my number. Anyway I told him I would sell him a Yaesu Ft-101-E SERIES radio, that I would get him the best I had and since he knew NOTHING about these radio's for him to call me when he got it and i would go over loading it up, so that he would ot blow the radio up. I told him it would be 10 to 14 days since i had to order him an AM filter. Well This was on a Wednesday he called and ordered it. He went to the post office, got the money order and OVERNIGHT ED IT,, fine no problem, but I still told him it would be 10 to 14 days because the part he wanted was not in.  If this man called me once a day, 2 days after he ordered it, Beginning friday, he called me 4 times a a day. Finally i got tired of his a*s calling and went and took the part off my PERSONAL radio and put it on his, and sent his on to him, so that he would quit calling 4 times a day. It was just plain annoying. Anyway I sent him the radio,, perfect working radio. He BITCHED because the radio did not have a 10 meter crystal in it, one of the 4 10 meter xtals,, some CB'er in the past had removed it. When he alerted me it was not in the radio, I sent him one by postal mail. They just plug in. God knows it was not on purpose ,, because I wanted him out of my life, He is an annoying Yankee from NJ. if I would have known i would have GIFT WRAPPED IT,, to keep him from calling me. Anyway, I had told the man to call me when he got the radio that I would go over the load up procedure with him. i do that with EVERYONE. Too many DUMB a*s CB'ers buy these and blow them up and then try and blame me,,s o I made it a rule and policy that they call and I go over the load up procedure, otherwise no warranty of ANYKIND. Yes he called the day he got it,, about 2 minutes after he un-boxed it,, thats a shocker huh?? Anyway, i was really busy and i asked can you call me back the next day in the afternoon.  He didnt want to , but he said OK.. Actually I loved making his a*s wait , if the truth is known. He deserved it as much as he annoyed me with his nasal mousy Yankee voice. Well as it turns out he couldn't wait. He tried to load the radio up without me on the phone guiding him on what to do and apparently did something. He then took the radio to one of these CB SHOPS and i get a call the next evening ,, IT DOESN'T WORK AND CAN"T BE FIXED I TOOK IT TO A FRIEND AT SOME CB SHOP or some place.  I told him the radio worked fine when it left that his a*s was just impatient and if he blew it up that was his red wagon. He could not and DID NOT follow directions and i told him I would send him his 10 meter xtal and he was on his own. Anyone else that buys one from me that does NOT CALL ME And let me go over how to load it up with them are on their own also. These radio's are 40 years old and actually require something other than turning a switch on and off to talk on the radio. again,, ANYONE reading this that doesn't call me like they are suppose to BEFORE THEY EVEN PLUG IT UP, and they blow it up, well you are on your own too.  I don't make enough money on these radio's to CODDLE CB"ers and NEW hams that are nothing more than CB'ers with $15 to pay some VE to be GIVEN a ham ticket now days. Because these new hams sure dont earn a ham ticket. NO SIR,, NO code required and the EXACT questions and answers are given up front. That may seem cold and harsh, but there is a radio for folks like that,, IT IS CALLED 11 meters ,, CB. All you have to do is CALL ME like you are suppose to if you buy a radio from me and I will go over the load up procedure and we will both AGREE THE RADIO WORKS FINE before we hang up,, if there is a problem,, THEN IS THE TIME TO TELL ME,, because AFTER WE HANG UP,, you are on your own. No way I am going to warranty a 40 year old radio other than the fact it will work when you get it. Blow it up,, its your baby!!  My repair rates are $65 per hour,, so call me like 99.99 % of the people that buy one from me does and we will have NO PROBLEM.