Shakespeare

• Updated: Thu, January 23, 2014

• Reported By: Kara — Dallas Texas
Robert Mahanes
9909 Topanga Canyon Blvd. Suite #106 Chatsworth, , California USA

Robert Mahanes Advertising Services Magazine Advertisement Scam in DFW Texas Metroplex Chatsworth, California, Texas

I am small business owner in DFW metroplex area. Mr. Robert Mahanes called me one day and said he has an advertisement opportunity to promote my business and he would like to come and see me. Since I did not have budget for the advertisement towards the end of the year, my initital respnse was clearly NO, but he insisted.

Mr. Mahanes then stepped into my office and offered me a deal for an advertisement in a magazine to be distributed in a nearby grocery store. I said NO then he increased the size of the ad from a smaller size to a full page at same rate. I still said NO, then he threw in two more grocey store location for distribution. I said NO then he said he would publish the ad on the very last page of the magazine. I said NO then he reduced/waived some fees. He explained that the reason for his persuasion is that they did a survey and our business is in a list of top 10 businesses that people of our area would like to see in ads (or something to that effect, cannot remember the spcifics of the survey he mentioned at this point). After ALL this, I fianlly agreed. I singed a year long contract.

After he left me a business card, we finally started working on an ad design and this is when the fight began and came the realization. They hardly returned my phone calls. They gave me wrong extension number, wrong email address and no trace of Mr. Mahanes. When asked they said they cannot give his contact info. One point, I had to threaten the ad graphic desinger (My only contact) that I was going to disupute the charges to get them to talk to me.

Long story short, none of the things Mr. Mahanes offered and promised me is fulfilled. I have been charged on my credit card but I have not been told the locations of the grocery stores. I don't see this magazine at the grocery stores that Mr. Mahanes promised.

I promise you what I have written here is only a short verison of what I had to deal with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2014 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-Mahanes/Chatsworth-California-91311/Robert-Mahanes-Advertising-Services-Magazine-Advertisement-Scam-in-DFW-Texas-Metroplex-Ch-1117961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert Mahanes