Complaint Review: Roberti & Roberti - Anthony Roberti Esq

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, September 28, 2007

• Reported By:Roselle Park New Jersey
Roberti & Roberti - Anthony Roberti Esq
56 Broadway Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Roberti & Roberti - Anthony Roberti, Esq - Paramount Abstract Made a ton of mistakes on our closing from beginning to end Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania

My husband and I went to close on our construction loan. Paramount Abstract did the final paperwork and omitted some fees on the HUD-1 form that my husband and I did not notice. When at the closing I told Anthony Roberti, Esq. that I would like to look over some of the documents as he was going extremely fast because he had a prior committment and my husband and I were late for the closing. He assured us that he was representing us and "had our best interest in mind" and that our documents were fine.

He very briefly went over the documents with us and we closed in literally 20 minutes as he was in an extreme rush. A few days after the closing, we received a reimbursement check from his office indicating an overpayment we made. We deposited the check.

A few days later we received a letter from Mr. Roberti enclosing correspondence he received from our broker asking for payment of their fees as he left them out on the closing documents. I then called Mr. Roberti and told him that according to the documentation we had, he was responsible for the final numbers on the documents and was to report them to the lender. I asked him to please make up for this mistake and he told me he would pay the broker fee to make up for his shortcoming.

A few days later, we received a stop payment on the reimbursement check from Mr. Roberti causing expensive bank fees. Instead of having our "best interest in mind" he slyly stopped payment on this check with no notification to us. He could have just called and told asked us to send the reimbursement check back and he would issue another check to us instead of stopping payment on the check causing us to further be inconvenienced with bank fees.

We then received a phone call from the insurance company looking for their payment from the closing, which Mr. Roberti also omitted on the HUD-1 form. All of these mistakes made our experience a bad one. All of this was supposed to be done in one day and carried on for a few weeks.

As we see it, Mr. Roberti seems to be a very sneaky attorney and will not admit in any way that he has made mistakes and take responsibility for them. I would not recommend him to anyone, and if you do choose to use him, make sure you are allowed to check everything thoroughly.

Kim and Mike
Roselle Park, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2007 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roberti-Roberti-Anthony-Roberti-Esq/Jim-Thorpe-Pennsylvania-18229/Roberti-Roberti-Anthony-Roberti-Esq-Paramount-Abstract-Made-a-ton-of-mistakes-on-ou-276374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roberti & Roberti - Anthony Roberti Esq