Complaint Review: Roketa Parts Department

• Updated: Sat, January 18, 2014

• Reported By: Ianmac37 — St. Petersburg Florida
Roketa Parts Department
2041 S Turner Ave, Ontario, California USA

Roketa Parts Department Goldenvale IncCentral Online Sales They sold a defective part and when I returned it, with authorization, they said they would not refund because it was defective. Ontario California

On December 3, 2013 I ordered a switch assembly for my Roketa scooter from Roketa Parts Department.com (dba Goldenvale Inc/Roketa) and charged the part and shipping cost of $102.50 to my VISA card.  I received the switch assembly about ten days later and installed it on my scooter.  It did not work as the turn signal portion was defective.  I sent an email to Roketa Parts Department on December 16th.  Having received no response I sent another email the next day.  Both emails stated that I had received a defective part and needed return authorization.  Not having received any response I called and talked with a sales representative and he provided a return authorization number of 38443 and an address of:

Goldenvale Inc/Roketa

2041 S Turner Ave.

Ontario, CA91761.

I packaged the switch assembly and mailed it back on December 19th.  I did not hear from Roketa and, in January, had my scooter repaired at a local shop.  On January 15th I received my package back marked “Refused” and “Return to sender.”  I checked my VISA statement and found that the charge for the switch was made by “Central Online Sales” with a phone number of 515-442-0831.  I called and asked why the package had been refused after I had obtained a return authorization for defective material.

On January 15th I received an email from Caren of Roketa Parts that stated: “I spoke with you earlier today on the phone regarding your switch. When we
received the switch you sent back it was not in good shape, it WAS tested.
This part is workable but is NOT in resalable condition. Please click on the
link provided to read our return policy #2.
I am sorry I cannot refund you.”

Since the switch was defective when I received it and I told them that, I demand a full refund.  I am willing to, once again, mail the switch assembly back to them.  How can they possibly state that a defective switch that they sold is not refundable because it is defective?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roketa-Parts-Department/Ontario-California-91761/Roketa-Parts-Department-Goldenvale-IncCentral-Online-Sales-They-sold-a-defective-part-and-1116560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roketa Parts Department