Complaint Review: Ron Carter Hyundai

• Updated: Thu, September 26, 2013

• Reported By: RGVBaptist — Rio Grande City Texas
Ron Carter Hyundai
18100 Gulf Freeway Friendswood-Clear Lake, Texas USA

Ron Carter Hyundai Deliberate deceipt in advertising Friendswood-Clear Lake Texas

So, I saw a car on the internet via http://Autotrader.com.  Called the dealership and confirmed the price.  It was good.  They were willing to give a ballpark trade-in value (with a floor minimum) over the phone.  That turned out good.  So, I was willing to move forward.

Then I test-drove the car at a local deal (Ron Carter is about 7 hours from my home).  He was worried about the pricing.  He said it didn't seem right and to ask what discounts had already been applied.  I called Ron Carter and was told that it included a financing discount and that was it.  If I wanted that price I had to finance the car.  Not a big deal.  I applied for financing.  That was good.

The worst part so far is how much work *I* had to put into it.  They didn't return phone calls (at least not within 24 hours) and were very slow about the whole process.  It took 3 days just to get through the things I mentioned above.  Should have taken just a couple of hours.

But, here's the worst part.  I kept looking on the internet and found a lot of bad reviews about Ron Carter and bait/switch/lying.  I began to get more nervous.  They had already told me they couldn't give me a 100% firm price over the internet/phone, but had consistently said the price included no other discounts except the financing discount.  This is something the negative reviews mentioned.

They stated that when the customer arrived, they found more discounts included that they weren't eligible for, and the price went up.  I didn't want to drive 7 hours to have that happen, so I requested a printed copy of the price, noting the starting price and all applied discounts.  Silence.  I requested this information via several sources.  Silence.  It seems that Ron Carter is not willing to be transparent and I can only assume that's because they have something to hide.  I won't be making the trip to spend my money with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2013 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ron-Carter-Hyundai/Friendswood-Clear-Lake-Texas-77546/Ron-Carter-Hyundai-Deliberate-deceipt-in-advertising-Friendswood-Clear-Lake-Texas-1087526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ron Carter Hyundai