Complaint Review: RON LEGRAND-GLOBAL PUBLISHING INC

• Updated: Thu, May 01, 2014

• Reported By: DISGUSTED IN ALA — DOTHAN Alabama
RON LEGRAND-GLOBAL PUBLISHING INC
9799 OLD ST AUGUSTINE RD JACKSONVILLE, Florida USA

RON LEGRAND-GLOBAL PUBLISHING INC EAGLEHOMEBUYERS.COM LEGRAND REFUSES TO HONOR CANCELLATION NOTICE-DEMANDS $5K FOR MENTOR FEES JACKSONVILLE Florida

While attending a Quick Start boot camp in Jacksonville, Florida in early Dec, I plunked down nearly $30K, $3K for bootcamp and $26K for a so-called "Master's / Mentoring" membership program.

Nearing the end of the 30-day trial membership, I chose to cancel everything by sending written notice and oral notification plus a follow-up letter to be certai n the notification was both timely and proper.

Less than a week later after sending two more notices, I get an unsolicited phone call from a Legrand associate urging me to reconsider, saying he would personally take charge of my account and would work as hard as possible to see that I'm satisfied, "just give me a little time to work for you..fast forward one month later.

A month later with no results whatever, I informed this assoc in writing I was totally dissatisfied with his results and was sticking by my orig decision to cancel/resign.

After two full months of writing follow-up letters, unanswered phone calls, empty promises, excuses and stalling, I fire an angry letter demanding all my money back or a formal complaint will be filed with the Atty Gen's office, BBB, FTC and other regulatory agencies.

Finally I get a letter offering to settle for $5K less than what I paid to Global Publishing Inc, Legrand's parent company. It turns out, GPI is charging me $770 per hour for 13 weeks (3 mo) for mentoring services that resulted in ZERO results. Total charges = $4995 for nothing.

Additionally, I'm coerced into signing a non-disclosure agreement before any of my money paid to Legrand will be refunded. I'm told $5k is non- refundable. Based on legal opinion of TWO attorneys, the client agreement is null and void upon their receipt of my notice of cancellation and that any services provided by GPI after cancellation date is done so without contract and therefore is unenforceable.

Let this report serve as a warning to any future real estate student with high aspirations that Ron Legrand d/b/a Global Publishing Inc. is the very last company you should consider doing business with. It appears there is a very long list of complaints from disgruntled students in many states. If there's this much smoke swirling about this company, there's sure to be fire not far away.

Disgusted former student in AL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2014 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RON-LEGRAND-GLOBAL-PUBLISHING-INC/JACKSONVILLE-Florida-32257/RON-LEGRAND-GLOBAL-PUBLISHING-INC-EAGLEHOMEBUYERSCOM-LEGRAND-REFUSES-TO-HONOR-CANCELLATI-1138476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RON LEGRAND-GLOBAL PUBLISHING INC