Complaint Review: Ron's fireside shop

• Reported By: Benjamen — Burgaw North Carolina
Ron's fireside shop
wilmington , Select State/Province USA

Ron's fireside shop This is not the company for you! Wilmington North Carolina

WARNING WARNING WARNING!!! PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY! I worked for Segars Enterprises Inc. (Ron's Fireside Shop) for over 4 years and know the insides and out. I just recently quit due to their lack of respect for their employees and their horrible work ethics. Let me explain, I am not little by no means and they have called me "fat-boy" and "willie" since i've worked there, because I'm their "n*****". They never paid me legally because they are CROOKS. I received 29 hours by check and the rest was cash. Just recently when the Affordable Care Act took affect they started paying me for 40 hours by check and the rest cash. I NEVER RECEIVED OVER TIME PAY THE WHOLE 4 YEARS I WORKED THERE. I averaged 45-50 hours a week. They also have people pay by cash and check made out to Ronald Segars. They cash the check at the customers bank and never claim the earnings on their federal or state taxes. They would write a little RS initital beside the amount on the contract. I saw thousands and thousands come into their hands without claiming. I'm not too upset on them screwing the US government.

What does upset me is how they charge their customers. Let me give you an example, If you wanted Ron's Fireside Shop to install a set of gas logs that cost them $400-500, they will charge you $1200-1500 just for the log set, charge you $150 for shipping, Charge you $250 to install them into your fireplace (2 hours to install), and charge you $125 New Hanover County permit fee that cost Ron $30.... Do the math. I use to love these people, Ron Sr. told me I was like a son to him after my dad died the first year I worked there. These are the people who put food on my table for years and helped me take care of my 3 year old daughter. I feel so ashamed that I am even posting this but I can not sit here with a good heart and know that I've told customers in their home that they needed their dryer vent cleaned or their chimney cleaned and it was a LIE. Please Please PLEASE do your home work with these companys and make sure that you are not getting overcharged by a "family" company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2013 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rons-fireside-shop/wilmington-Select-StateProvince-28405/Rons-fireside-shop-This-is-not-the-company-for-you-Wilmington-North-Carolina-1107222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ron's fireside shop