Complaint Review: rooms to go

• Updated: Sat, June 21, 2014

• Reported By: Falonzo — austell Georgia
rooms to go
6540 Douglas Blvd douglasville, Georgia USA

rooms to go Reuben williams (sales associate) Catherine Willias (manager) Paying for Fabric protection and didn't get it. douglasville Georgia

My wife and I narrowed down our living room furniture to RTG. We chose a cloth sectional for our home of which we have no children just a 3yo trained dobe. Ruben williams was our sales associate who consistently tried to get us to buy the fabric protection, after 5 no's he said let me show you the fabric protection demonstration. We agreed to at least see it. He took us on the other side of the store to a white fabric chair that was treated. He poured a few drops on the chair of blue dye or water, and it beaded right up on top of the chair, it did not seep into the chair at all, he then dabbed it with a cloth a few times and the drop of water/dye came right up without a trace. I said if that's what it does, I want that, and so we purchased the protection. That alone is what sold us on the protection, nothing else. He also told us that if we spill something on it that we cant clean then they will send someone out to clean it, if they cannot clean it then we will be able to pick out a "like" piece of furniture for a replacement. That was not a determining factor for us buying the protection as we were not worried about that. We do not eat on the couch, the dog is not allowed on furniture and we have no kids. We are a young couple who takes care of our home. It was only the fact that it would bead up if liquid was spilled on it.

After the couch was delivered, me being me tried that same demonstration with water to make sure they treated it before it left the warehouse. I poured a drop of water on  3 different spots on the couch and they all seeped right into the couch. I called RTG and they assured me it was treated already but will send a tech out to retreat it, he came out retreated it and 7 hours later after the dry time was up i tried it again and the same thing happend, the water seeped right in.

I called to simply get a refund on the protection since it did not work as demonstrated and they told me no refunds because the couch has been treated already. multiple people for there customer service told me after the fact that not all fabrics will bead up that way, my rebuttle to that was I should have been told that in the beginning, and had they said it we would not have bought the protection. No they're telling me it will "lock in" the stain to make it easier to clean. I dont want the stain locked in I want it to repel like i was showed. After I talked to multiple people including catherine williams a store manager, they are still refusing to refund my $120 for the protection. I even told them that since I still have the tags on the furniture and it's only been a week that they can come pick up this couch that was "protected" and deliver the same couch to us un protected and refund our money. They also said no to that because it was already treated and they couldnt resale it like that. this is supposed to be a good thing to have the protection. Luckily I used my credit card for half the purchase so now I'v filed a dispute for that charge. We'll see if BOA can get some results. Bottom line, if your planning to buy the protection ask if your furniture will repel the stains, and make sure you know what is covered. only food is covered by the protection.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2014 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rooms-to-go-/douglasville-Georgia-30135/rooms-to-go-Reuben-williams-sales-associate-Catherine-Willias-manager-Paying-for-Fab-1156501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rooms to go