Complaint Review: Rooms To Go

• Updated: Fri, May 02, 2014

• Reported By: smun002 — Charleston South Carolina
Rooms To Go
7600 Rivers Ave North Charleston, South Carolina USA

Rooms To Go Furniture damage not covered because we used them and customer service rep was two faced. North Charleston South Carolina

An experience I will never forget and I hope that I at least help stop this from happening to others and stop this company from this treatment of their customers. It started out good of course, because they did not have my money yet. me and my wife wanted some new furniture. We took our hard earned tax return and spent $1500 on a living room set. it was nice at first, but as time went by, it was obvious that the quality of this furniture was subpar to be nice about it. The firmness went away quick, the cushions sink into the back and the base wood started to seperate on both pieces of furniture, all within a year of purchase. So here's the part that floored me about them. So we schedule a visit by a adjuster to see them. We took time off work to make sure we were there, showed him all the above complaints (and remember this for later in the discusion) and he agreed with our assessment and said he would file the necessary paperwork for us. Now feeling confident that our concerns would be addressed, imagine our surprise when we contacted days later that the adjuster reported that the concerns were written up as "customer caused" and would not cover the situation. So apparently they do not cover their product if you sit on them, which I think is what you are supposed to do with them. So my assessment is this, they have low quality furniture that they sell at high quality prices, they will not honor their warranty, and were very shifty while not honoring the warranty. I'm horrified that a business can be allowed to operate like this and get away with it. They took our money and high-tailed away with it. Please take heed and do not this happen to you. I'm making this effort to help thwart this progression of business ethic and that if I change a few minds from doing business with them, that I have done my part and can feel somewhat vindicated from happened to us.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2014 06:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-To-Go/North-Charleston-South-Carolina-29406/Rooms-To-Go-Furniture-damage-not-covered-because-we-used-them-and-customer-service-rep-wa-1143472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms To Go