Complaint Review: Rooms to Go

Rooms to Go
11540 Highway 92 East Seffner , Florida USA

Rooms to Go Sold us leather furniture that rubs off!!!! Seffner Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Follow Up

*Author of original report: Okay then....

*Consumer Comment: I would completely agree if

About a year and a half ago, but husband and I purchased a leather living room set from RTG in San Antonio Texas. We have had three of the same couch. The first was broken on delivery-- the recline mechanism didnt work! The second was because the leather coloring was rubbing off. We noticed that whenever water, or something was spilled, that the dark brown coloring would rub off and show a burnt orange color beneath. Called RTG, they sent someone out, and stated that it was caused from my husbands SHORT HAIR cut. Are you freaking kidding me?! After an argument, they replaced it with the exact same sofa. When we got the third couch, we realize now it is just cheaply made furniture that we paid $3,000 for.  The color comes off this sofa just by rubbing it. If my daughter spills water, and I go to wipe it up, the leather color comes with it.
We are out of warranty, so that means we are stuck with crap furniture. You guys should be ASHAMED. As a military family, money is tight, so we can't afford to replace it. I will never ever purchase furniture from RTG again, and I make sure that I tell EVERY family I come in contact with the same. I have included pictures, please tell me if you think this normal!!!!
This is the exact thing that was happening to our first sofa. Shame on your for making a cheap product and then not standing behind it and offering to refund our money as store credit to get something that is quality.

This first picture is one of the head rests.... BOTH of them do it. And the love seat is even doing it.

Displaying image.jpeg

THis second picture is a picture of my daughter's baby blanket with dark brown coloring on it, after I wiped up a little bit of juice....You can see the burnt orange coming through.

Displaying image.jpeg

I want to know, on what planet does RTG live on that they think this remotely okay. Furniture, should last far longer than a year and half. So screw this company. I will make sure I tell EVERY family that I come in contact with, to NEVER buy this crap. EVER.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-to-Go/Seffner-Florida-33584/Rooms-to-Go-Sold-us-leather-furniture-that-rubs-off-Seffner-Florida-1121054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms to Go

AUTHOR: TellUsRTG - ()

I am very sorry to hear that you have been through this much disappointment with your living room furniture. Rooms To Go does have a 1 year manufacturer warranty but the color should not be coming off when something is spilled on it and should definitely last longer than the first year. I would like to look further into this for you to see if we have any other options that could resolve this issue. Please email me the phone number associated with the account to [email protected] "Attention Ripoff Report" so that I can personally look into this. I look forward to hearing from you. ~April

Okay then....

AUTHOR: Julie - ()

Let me rephrase it then. I have money-- enough that I could replace this. I feel like it is irrelevant if I bought leather furniture when money is tight. What is relevant is that I spent $3000 on crap, and my money is important enough to me that I want to save it-- not spend another $3000 on furniture when the stuff I have now should last longer than if has.

I would completely agree if

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

we realize now it is just cheaply made furniture that we paid $3,000 for.

...

As a military family, money is tight, so we can't afford to replace it.

If you please do not include the portion above, it would be a perfect report. The reason is that if your financial is tight when you spend $3,000 on a sofa, you should have not spent that much or plan to spend that much at all. In other words, this statement would beg for a question about why are you complaining about money when you cannot really afford to lose (a leather sofa is a luxurious item -- not necessary)? So I would rather leave this portion out of your report. Anyway as a reader, thanks for your report.