Complaint Review: RoomsToGo

• Reported By: Fred — Ocala Florida
RoomsToGo
2832 SW College Road Ocala, Select State/Province USA

RoomsToGo leather furniture not really leather Ocala Florida

*Author of original report: RoomsToGo broken furniture

My wife and I in 2009 bought a loveseat and couch from RoomsToGo here in Ocala, Florida. We paid more than $1,600 for the set. The sales person told us it was 100 percent leather. The sales receipt we have also says it is made of "100 percent leather".  Last week it started peeling like thin plastic. The "'leather" was as thin as the stuff they make plastic garbage bags from. When we complained to one of the assistant managers he told us to call the company's customer service department and the company would send someone out to inspect the furniture. He also told us that much of the furniture the store sells has composite materials on the sides and back and that the rest is leather. But he also said ours, based on the receipt, should be all leather. The customer service department did not call me back so when I called them they said our warranty was over and they wouldn't be sending anyone out and the case was still unresolved. I'm still waiting for a call back.

The receipt says 100 percent leather. What is there to resolve?

Meanwhile, be careful what you buy from them. I will be telling my friends and family about the plastic furniture RoomsToGo sold us under the guise of leather

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RoomsToGo/Ocala-Select-StateProvince-34474/RoomsToGo-leather-furniture-not-really-leather-Ocala-Florida-1113364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RoomsToGo

RoomsToGo broken furniture

AUTHOR: Fred H - ()

My wife and I in 2009 bought a loveseat and couch from RoomsToGo here in Ocala, Florida. We paid $1,600 for the set, including delivering the furniture. The sales person told us it was 100 percent leather. The sales receipt we have also says it is made of "100 percent leather".  Last week it started peeling like thin plastic. The "'leather" was as thin as the stuff they make plastic garbage bags from. When we complained to one of the assistant managers he told us to call the company's customer service department and the company would send someone out to inspect the furniture. He also told us that much of the furniture the store sells has composite materials on the sides and back and that the rest is leather. But he also said ours, based on the receipt, should be all leather. The customer service department did not call me back so when I called them they said our warranty was over and they wouldn't be sending anyone out and the case was still unresolved. When I telephoned again, a customer rep said that RoomsToGo would pro-rate a return and offered us $361 in store credit. Today. I told them "no thanks" and that I would file a complaint with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations and take the case before a judge in small claims court.

Meanwhile, be careful what you buy from them. I will be telling my friends and family about the plastic/composite furniture RoomsToGo sold us under the guise of leather.