Complaint Review: Ross-Tech, LLC

• Reported By: Upset Customer — Upset Texas
Ross-Tech, LLC
881 Sumneytown Pk Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA

Ross-Tech, LLC Would not Download, File would not open Lansdale Pennsylvania

I ordered Ross-Tech's VCDS software and cable for $349 in order to read and reset fault codes on my VW GTI.  I followed their download instructions verbatim.  Unfortunately the download just stopped after 40% complete.  I tried again.  Once again the download stopped before completion.  I tried ten more times before the software completely downloaded.

I opened the file then read and cleared the fault codes.  I thought ok no problem.

The next day I tried to open the software again and it just did nothing.  I tried again and again nothing.  I tried again and again and still nothing.  I called the company and they first said I had an old software version even though I downloaded it the day before.  Next they said I must have an old pc even though it was only a week old.

I made what I thought was a simple request for them to send me a disc with the latest software version.  They said only if I sent them another $350 and upgrade to the pro version.  I couldn't believe it and I got angry.  At this point they refused to assist me anymore and their tech support supervisor Andy hung up on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2013 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ross-Tech-LLC/Lansdale-Pennsylvania-19446/Ross-Tech-LLC-Would-not-Download-File-would-not-open-Lansdale-Pennsylvania-1073885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ross-Tech, LLC