Complaint Review: Rouben

• Submitted: Wed, March 26, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: GiGi — Sherman Oaks California
717 Geneva St. glendale, California USA

Rouben "Rudy" Djoujian Lying Car Dealer holds car titles ransom until YOU pay his debts glendale California

Rouben "Rudy" Djoujian, is illegally selling cars from his home without a dealer's license after his Van Nuys Dealership shut down.  Last September, Rudy sold me a car, telling me that he was sending the title "with his DMV lady" to the DMV, and I'd receive my tags, title and registration in the mail.
That was 6 months ago, and after repeated requests, Rudy finally told me that he never actually had the title to the car he sold me.  This is also completely against the law.
He has not paid the DMV for the hundreds of dollars or fines in lapsed registration fees, and told me "to just be patient, the DMV was slow because of the holidays" when I called him begging to extend my temporary tag so I wouldn't get ticketed or towed.
After assuring me it was fine, and basically gaslighting me to make me think I was being impatient after 5 months of driving with expired temporary tags, Rudy knowingly left me driving a car which could be ticketed or towed at any point in time, with no regard as to how being stranded without a vehicle would affect me, stringing me along and telling me false information.
At one point he mentioned something about "additional fines from the bank," and offered to "share these fines with me," basically threatening to make me pay twice for a registration I already paid for.

Rudy has fed me all sorts of statements over 6 months- he broke his shoulder, he's been out of town, his DMV lady has the title, the bank has the title, the DMV lady somehow miraculously has the title again.

He'll pay the fines, he won't pay the fines because of his medical expenses, he left a message, he spoke with people- his story changes every time.

Now after taking multiple days off work to visit the DMV to personally resolve this issue Rudy could've (and was legally obligated to have) handled months ago, I must take more time off to pay the fines myself and take Rudy to small claims court.  I am also calling the police because there is no reason for some strange  lady to be holding on to my car title for 6 months.  If she even exists.  Which I highly doubt.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rouben-/glendale-California-91207/Rouben-Rudy-Djoujian-Lying-Car-Dealer-holds-car-titles-ransom-until-YOU-pay-his-debts-1133843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rouben