• Report: #1051977

route 66 extended warranty
p o box 2400 mountain home, Arkansas USA

route 66 extended warranty refusing to honor agreement mountain home Arkansas

*Consumer Suggestion: Extended warranty = ripoff

Took my covered vehicle because of extensive smoking and oil consprution, was told to submit all records of oil changes, because I change my own oil to save save money, they said I had to go back to where I bought the oil and get reciepts, I buy oil when its on sale, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Auto Zone ect..there is no way I could get all these reciepts...no where in the contract does it say you can't do your own oil changes. And who keeps reciepts for 6 quarts of oil..is it going to be defective? You use it, clean up and go on..this is their little loop hole to deney living up to their agreement...I am furious at the arrogence of the rep I spoke to. he said get the reciepts or we don't pay I paid $1808.00 for this warranty, and the first time I go to use it they refuse a covered item. and by the way valve seals are a covered item.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2013 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/route-66-extended-warranty/mountain-home-Arkansas/route-66-extended-warranty-refusing-to-honor-agreement-mountain-home-Arkansas-1051977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on route 66 extended warranty

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Extended warranty = ripoff

AUTHOR: Josh - ()

First, let me just say that extended warranties on cars are always a ripoff.  I assure you, they wouldn't have given you any money even if you did have the receipts.  The contract is always worded in such a way that they aren't responsible for "diagnostics" and providing access to the parts.  So this makes the warranty essentially worthless for internal engine components.  I'm sure you can get them to pay $5 for the valve seals, just good luck getting them to pay for the labor to install them.

With that said, I'm not sure what you expect.  If you do your own oil changes, you should probably keep documentation of that.  It's generally a good idea to have a binder where you keep car-related service records (which would include oil receipts).  Is the insurance company supposed to take your word at face value?