Complaint Review: Roy Varnon, R.S.

• Submitted: Fri, April 25, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: Texas Bohemian — Simonton Texas
Roy Varnon, R.S.
1514 Laird St Houston, Texas USA

Roy Varnon, R.S. Pitches Sucker Fees for Septic System Design Work Houston Texas

I paid Roy Varnon, R.S. in Houston, TX $300 for septic system design work and he never consulted with me once while developing the design on paper. We met briefly at my property, he asked how many bedrooms, and I emailed him a copy of my floor plan. Our next contact within a few days was a notification that the design was final and in the mail. When I had issues with his design, he wanted to charge me another 50% to adjust the plans to my liking. What was most disturbing to me about his design were the instructions on laundering frequency to be done throughout the week as opposed to only on the weekends or monthly due to the septic system constraints in his design. It was even underlined in his comments. Rather than just charging $450 up front and being honest about his consultation process, he would rather pitch a sucker fee, then upcharge you when you're not happy with the design. There was no consultation whatsoever, other than meeting at the property for the site evaluation. [continued below]....

..... No other questions asked besides how many bedrooms and can I have a copy of the floor plan. If anyone is looking for a septic system designer, I highly recommend you staying away from this individual. From my brief experience with him, I can only conclude that he is not an honest business man.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2014 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roy-Varnon-RS/Houston-Texas-77008/Roy-Varnon-RS-Pitches-Sucker-Fees-for-Septic-System-Design-Work-Houston-Texas-1141719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roy Varnon, R.S.