Complaint Review: Royal Dutch Nursery

1704 South Morissey Drive Bloomington, Illinois USA
  • Phone: 309-663-2350
  • Web:
  • Category: Nurseries

Royal Dutch Nursery late shipment, dead plants (no wrapping on roots) Bloomington Illinois

On February 15, 2014, I placed an order for about $100 worth of bulbs and plants. I knew that they would not be shipped until early March. By late March, I began to call and inquire, since we live in southern Georgia and it was time to plant. We were told over and over that they would ship when the time was right to plant.

The shipment, which had left on April 15, arrived today (April 19) via USPS. The "yoshino cherry" was shipped with no protection to the roots, which were absolutely dry. The tree was broken, revealing a cambium layer with no green tint to it, telling me that it was already dead when shipped. Two other plants are in terrible shape, but may be salvagable.

The call center informed me that if I would send the cherry back at my own expense, they would send a replacement. It is so late here in Georgia that, by the time a replacement came, even alive, it would be too late to plant. So I asked for a refund, which also requires (says company policy) shipping the dead stick back at my expense. I filed a complaint with Visa. I was a first time customer for Royal Dutch Nurseries. I will not buy from them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2014 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Dutch-Nursery/Bloomington-Illinois-61704/Royal-Dutch-Nursery-late-shipment-dead-plants-no-wrapping-on-roots-Bloomington-Illinoi-1140123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Dutch Nursery