- Report: #1131768
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Royal Philips
Royal Philips3000 Minuteman Rd. Andover, Massachusetts USA
Royal Philips Philips Healthcare Buyer Beware - Must read for potential consumers of Sonicare dental products and dentists who recommend them. Andover Massachusetts
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
If you are a potential customer of Philips Sonicare toothbrush products, or a dentist who recommends them, read on ..... The corporate culture at the Philips Healthcare division at all levels, is a total disregard for the customer and for the company's legal obligations to honor product warranties. As you'll see from my experience, this is not an isolated incident; it shows a deliberate and consistent pattern reflective of the corporate culture at the company.
I bought the Philips Sonicare toothbrush (Model HX5610/01) on 12/19/2012. The product consists of a cordless toothbrush and a charger base. Recently, the charger base stopped working and I can no longer charge the toothbrush. I had registered the product, and it is still under warranty. I have been trying to get a replacement charger base through their customer support organization, with no success. I have also escalated the issue to the head of Consumer ifestyle, and all levels in between. Instead, I have experienced a pattern of deception and excuses. I am therefore writing this report - Buyer Beware!! - as it may help some other potential customer or a dentist recommending the product.
Honoring a product warranty is a legal obligation of the company’s. However, their customer support organization does not see it that way. Here's a detailed account of the deception and excuses that I have received from this organization. At this point, I am not that concerned about getting the warranty replacement, as I will be seeking legal measures, but it's the hassle and time consumed to get this company to honor their legal obligations, is what's at the heart of the issue.
First, I contacted customer support via the “chat line” on 2/13/2014. I have saved a record of this chat conversation.
- I was first told that the charger base is an “accessory” and is not covered by the warranty. After explaining to the representative that the charger base is an integral part of the product, is needed for the product to operate, and not an accessory that is optional, he agreed to send me a replacement charger base.
- I was informed that it would take 10 days to receive the replacement. Not having a Sonicare for 10 days was an inconvenience, but I could live with that. My dentist had told me that I needed to brush with a Sonicare for gum health reasons, so I couldn’t wait much longer than 10 days.
- 3 weeks later, I had not yet received the replacement charger. I called to follow up on the warranty replacement. I was told that it was not shipped, because they needed a serial number. Of course, it would have been too much to expect that their customer support organization would contact me to let me know this. I have registered the product, so they have my contact details. Instead, they chose to ignore the warranty replacement, in the hope that the problem would just go away!
On 3/5/2014 I called customer support. I have a recording of this conversation. This conversation was so ridiculous, it was almost funny. Please look out for my posting of this recording on Facebook and Youtube; you'll find it hilarious!! They even lack common courtesy.
- I was first told that they had no record of any warranty replacement request from me, and she could do nothing without a “conversation reference number” from my previous chat conversation. I informed her that it was 3 weeks ago, and obviously the item was not shipped.
- Then, miraculously, she was able to access “notes” regarding my previous chat conversation. In the notes, apparently, it was stated that they were awaiting a serial number from me. Without the number, there was nothing she could do. There is no serial number on the brush.
- Then, she informed me that she may be able to use a copy of my purchase receipt. A copy of my purchase receipt is attached to my product registration on their website, and I informed her that it was. But, she stated that she could not access my product registration. Really?? So, there was nothing she could do. “Nothing she could do” was the way every sentence was completed, and a central theme of her conversation.
- So, I asked to talk to her supervisor. “No, my supervisor does not take customer calls”. Really?? A supervisor of a customer support organization does not talk to customers??
- So, I asked to talk to the manager of the department, just anyone who was higher up in the organization. “No, you can’t”. Really??
So, I wrote/email to the head of their Consumer Lifestyle division and the head of PR, Reputation and Internal Communications, thinking that they might care for a customer. I promptly received a reply that stated that he has "escalated this to my colleague in the US who will come back to you." Now, 2 weeks later, I am still waiting for someone "to come back to me". So, I wrote/email back a reminder. This time, complete silence.
I am not just venting here; I’m describing my experience in detail so that you can consider it if you are in the market for a Philips Sonicare product. As you can see, it was not an isolated incident, it happened with me multiple times, and is reflective of their corporate culture. Reneging on a warranty is not something that is acceptable! So, Buyer Beware!!
My next step is to pursue legal action, and I will get my warranty replacement. Please look out for my Facebook post and Youtube post of the conversations with their staff. They are ridiculously funny, as they try to renege on their warranty.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Philips-/Andover-Massachusetts-01810/Royal-Philips-Philips-Healthcare-Buyer-Beware-Must-read-for-potential-consumers-of-Soni-1131768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.