Complaint Review: RPM Performance & Auto Body Shop

• Updated: Sat, August 02, 2014

• Reported By: Janice — Jacksonville Florida
RPM Performance & Auto Body Shop
3070 Michigan Ave STE C Kissimmee, Florida USA

RPM Performance & Auto Body Shop, Corp. CONTACT: Gina Rispoli CONTACT: Carlos Rispoli Gina Rispoli Car sold without airbags Kissimmee Florida

*Author of original report: Worked out

*Author of original report: Date of purchase correction

I purchased a 2005 BMW Z4 from this business on 7-14-2005, this vehicle had a salvage title therefore I went online to see the damage to the vehicle as it was sold at auction. I noticed that the vehicle had the steering wheel bag deployed from the pictures I saw. Upon test driving the car I noticed that the panel to the wheel wall was missing and the owner promised to replace it. I also asked if the steering wheel airbag had been replaced to which the owner Carlos said it had. I decided to purchase this vehicle and paid half of the total and agreed in writing the panel would be replaced when I returned to pick up the car. When I return on 7-14-2014 the owner stated the wrong panel was sent and the replacement would be sent to me via mail, which to date it has not.

After purchase upon getting diagnostics ran on the vehicle I learned that the vehicle's steering airbag had not been replaced as stated and the airbag warning light had be disabled. I did not notice this until it was pointed out by the diagnostics check. The actions of this business placed me in danger by saying the airbag was in place, the car in this condition is unsafe to drive. I would have not taken possession of the car if the owner had said the airbag was missing. Attempts to contact the owner has been unsuccessful as his son keeps stating he has to talk to his father.  No calls are being returned after several voice mails being left and I am only able to get in contact with the owners son.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2014 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RPM-Performance-Auto-Body-Shop/-Kissimmee-Florida-34744/RPM-Performance-amp-Auto-Body-Shop-Corp-CONTACT-Gina-Rispoli-CONTACT-Carlos-Rispoli-1166883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RPM Performance & Auto Body Shop