Complaint Review: RTN Roofing Systems Loveland

• Updated: Tue, September 17, 2013

• Reported By: Disgusted A. Consultant — Rapid City South Dakota
RTN Roofing Systems Loveland
Loveland, Ft.Collins, Cheyenne, Colorado USA

RTN Roofing Systems Loveland Jeff Lozon, Joel Lozon Denver Roofing Blog, deceptive hiring practices, defamation of character, new hire salespeople beware Loveland, Ft.Collins, Cheyenne Colorado

[Partial]Statement provided to the Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment to address the illegal actions of RTN Roofing Systems of Loveland in their hiring and employment of myself.

This Statement is provided to dispute and establish failure to pay wages and commissions owed for the performance of sales, marketing, and software development duties.   Most of the incidents have supporting emails or witnesses; however, some pertinent discussions were verbal, and RTN controls most of the latter emails and may not desire, or will intentionally conceal, and refuse to provide those communications.

From the beginning,  the Lozons showed their deceptiveness (or incompetence) by failing to fulfill hiring promises, or disclosing employment requirements until after hiring.  For example, they requested a passport photo for business cards and information on vehicle stickers promised; took over a month to get home made cards, and they reneged on the vehicle stickers after hours were spent designing and pricing.

A. Despite myself and the other salesperson hired at the same time not having commercial roofing product experience, we were somehow put in the position of going to work without any training, despite the initial promises by the Lozons. Three weeks after we are hired, we are given a half hour of formal training in one product, and handed a website and a CD and told to go study.  Then, when the our field information is submitted to the office, Jeff Lozon and Jeff Bess act insulted that we didn’t know what they required.  This created a very intimidating atmosphere, controlling through ignorance.

B.  You’ll note that in the “Salespersons Handbook” (submitted as evidence) that was provided at the third sales meeting that they decided who will make the determination on who will get leads distributed, that it would depend on some unnamed (ambiguous) company entity to determine who got what, based on a undetermined line of performance.

Since VP of Sales Joel and father Barney both sell for the company, it can be assumed that they will take what they want and assign the small, unwanted leads to everyone else, which indeed appears to have been happening here, based upon my observations in the CRM system they did not know how to handle (review the leads ran by the cherry picking Joel and his father at the same time they are giving me residential leads they don’t want and you’ll see the pattern of favoritism).  I asked Joel about several targets I could pursue as ambitious employee wanting to do my part, and he would give the green light (Vail Resorts, Pinkard Construction, and a couple other companies that specialize in big commercial projects).  I’d spend hours on the targets doing research and getting introductory emails out; however, without exception Jeff Lozon would shoot down every one of my prospects, for whatever lame reason he could come up with.  It was like he wanted me not to succeed; while he was shooting down my prospects,

When I asked him what markets he wanted me to pursue, he didn’t have a answer.  I was handicapped by management no matter what I did.

C.  Pre employment interview I was initially told RTN handles all types of flat roofing products. They also said they do shingle work on large commercial and hail damage.  When the reality was introduced after hiring, we really were only allowed to offer a couple of products, both very specialized and high priced. Knowing this ahead of time would have impacted my decision to sign on; it is extraordinarily difficult to sell high end/high cost specialty items like commercial roofing without any background and training, and to assume one can without any income or training (long cycle) is ridiculous.  This implies these people lied and hired us under with false promises, intentions, and pretenses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RTN-Roofing-Systems-Loveland/Loveland-FtCollins-Cheyenne-Colorado-80538/RTN-Roofing-Systems-Loveland-Jeff-Lozon-Joel-Lozon-Denver-Roofing-Blog-deceptive-hiring-1085321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RTN Roofing Systems Loveland