Complaint Review: Run Local Locksmith

• Reported By: DJS — Muncy Pennsylvania
Run Local Locksmith
26636 Van Dyke Ave. Centerline, Michigan United States of America

Run Local Locksmith Bait and Switch Centerline, Michigan

Oh how I wish I checked these people out before I used them...  I was told they could not give a quote until they saw the job.  The first clue that this was not a legitimate outfit was that the technician arrived in an unmarked vehicle with no uniform or identification.  The technician looked at my lock and  told me the entire lock needed to be changed and quoted a huge amount for the work.  When I was not willing to pay that he decided he could just change the internal parts.  He quoted me $245.00 for this, however when he was done the bill with extra fees was $305.00.  This was a ten minute job.  He then refused to take a check or credit card and insisted on cash, even though the person I spoke to on the phone said credit cards were accepted.  This was a Sunday and I had to drive with him to an ATM to get the cash and since the machine only dispenses 20 dollar bills, I had to take out $320.00.  Then guess what - the guy tells me he can't make change so I wind up having to give him the entire $320.00.   I now see from other reviews posted on line about this company that this is their normal practice.  Of course if they tell people up front that this is a cash only deal no one would use them. After the end of this ordeal when I look at the receipt he gave me, none of the figures even add up and the sales tax is shown as $71.00.  Really?  On what was supposed to be a $245.00 job?   The sales tax in this state is 7%.   Again, from other reviews this is normal for this company.
WHAT A SCAM - These people are out and out thieves.  DON"T EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Run-Local-Locksmith/Centerline-Michigan-48015/Run-Local-Locksmith-Bait-and-Switch-Centerline-Michigan-1042389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Run Local Locksmith