Complaint Review: runlocallocksmith.com

• Submitted: Mon, September 10, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: Victum # 9999 — Buena Park California U.S.A.
Orange County, California United States of America

runlocallocksmith.com run local locksmith Over charging BIG TIME Orange County, California

I called them because a door lock broke and I could not open door. they came out and told me they would have to drill it out and replace handle for $150 and then $100 to re-key it.  I said NO way...too expensive...they asked me what I expected to pay I said $50-75...  they then tried to offer $150 and not re-key...eventually tried offering $150 for all.  Telling me the prices were typical. I said No.

I Then called a real lock smith.....who was able to open the door with his pocket knife...replace the broken Striker  with a heavy duty on ($5)...didn't need knew handle or re-keying!!! Total  Cost of call was $65!!!  I am a woman and not sure if that is why or they are just rip off in general.

Do not use them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/runlocallocksmithcom/Orange-County-California-/runlocallocksmithcom-run-local-locksmith-Over-charging-BIG-TIME-Orange-County-Californi-939007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on runlocallocksmith.com