expert

• Submitted: Fri, October 03, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 09, 2012

• Reported By:Greensboro North Carolina
RUSH Fitness
http://www.therush247.com/ Greensboro, North Carolina U.S.A.

RUSH Fitness the RUSH Fitness Complex 247 RIP OFF!! Greensboro North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: The Rush is A Sad Excuse For A Fitness Faclity

*Author of original report: ALWAYS CONVENIENTLY UNAVAILABLE

*Author of original report: Call

*Author of original report: Call

*UPDATE Employee: The Rush Cares

*Author of original report: Complex location

For anyone who is considering the RUSH Fitness Complex as their method of getting into shape, please think about another method or complex!

In January 2008, my husband and myself decided to join the Rush to get back into shape. We sat down and spoke with the manager went over the details, as I explained to the manager that I had previously underwent several back surgeries, he (the manager) explained that exercising and getting fit would definitely benefit me, he HIGHLY recommended a personal trainer PRIOR to my using the equipment to learn the proper method to avoid reinjury to my back. We went over several options and agreed to a 12 session trainer, costing approximately $500.00 on top of membership fees. (check was cashed in February)

No appoinments were set at that time due to "lack" of trainers available, however, a trainer would be getting in touch with me. After a week and no calls, I started calling the complex. After several unsuccessful attempts, I requested that my membership be transferred to another facility in my city that maybe could get me in for sessions, or cancel my contract and refund my money.

After a week, I finally got a trainer. I went to that session, and upon evaluation from that trainer, I was advised to do a couple more sessions PRIOR to independant work out. WELL ..... GUESS WHAT!!!!! That was the 1 and ONLY session I have been able to get. When I tried to set up another appointment, I was told "all trainers are busy now, someone will call me back." Then after no one did, I continued to call, even visited the complex and several different occasions, getting the same response as well as, "we are currently moving into our new facility and things are kinda crazy, be patient and someone will call."

AGAIN, after numerous phone calls to local facility, customer service and even corporate office, no one has helped!

My monthly dues were on automatic draft, UNTIL April, I stopped them due to the fact that the services I was paying for as well as the services that I had paid $500.00 in full for were not being rendered!

It's been 9 months now, still haven't gotten a second session. However, the 1 thing I have received is a bill from a collection agency for $1300,00.(keep in mind, ONLY $189 for myself and $129 are my actual dues, the rest are "late fees and collection costs") (I believe I am owed the the $500 pd upfront and the all fees paid. Seeing that I was advised to do my personal training sessions PRIOR to doing independant workouts!) ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS!!!!!!!!

Since receiving the bill, I have made numerous calls to the local facilities, recovery department, cutomer service as well as the CEO of the RUSH, Larry Gurney ..... Guess what... AGAIN, no replies, no help!!!!!

DECEPTION, LIES AS WELL AS THEFT!!!!!!

PLEASE CONSIDER WHAT YOU HAVE READ BEFORE SIGNING A BS CONTRACT WITH the RUSH Fitness Complex!!!!!

Deceived in nc
Greensboro, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2008 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RUSH-Fitness/Greensboro-North-Carolina-27507/RUSH-Fitness-the-RUSH-Fitness-Complex-247-RIP-OFF-Greensboro-North-Carolina-378202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RUSH Fitness

The Rush is A Sad Excuse For A Fitness Faclity

AUTHOR: K1607 - (United States of America)

To the Rush

Stop giving out corporates number because it is not really your number. Stop lying to members and potential members. You make 100 of 100s maybe even millions every month because of your indecent sales tactics and deceptions, and you never try-Not Once-to truly care or help your members. I have many suggestions that could turn this gym into a good, legit business, but you are nothing more than an uncaring workout facility that should be shut down for the tactics, lies, and false statements often made by your facilities.

ALWAYS CONVENIENTLY UNAVAILABLE

AUTHOR: Deceived in nc - (U.S.A.)

LMBO!!!! So, after Im on hold for over 15 minutes the first time, I get disconnected, then Im on hold 24 minutes the second time and guess what .... CONVENIENTLY the person need to talk to is NOT THERE!!!!! lol .... Seems they are ALWAYS conveniently UNAVAILABLE!!!!!!

RUSH IS A JOKE AND RIPOFF!!!!!

Call

AUTHOR: Deceived in nc - (U.S.A.)

Well, imagine this .... I called the # stated, on hold for 14 minutes, then hung up on!!!! How surprising is that!

Call

AUTHOR: Deceived in nc - (U.S.A.)

I made ALL attempts initially, you may contact me directly to dicuss this issue. (((Redacted))

The Rush Cares

AUTHOR: The Rush Member Experience Team - (United States of America)

We're sorry you've had a bad experience with The Rush. We do everything we can to treat our customers respectfully. We feel badly that you feel that we didn't address your needs, but we want to make it right. If you would be willing to call our Member Experience Dept at this special number, 800-324-3279 we will do everything in our power to resolve your issues and win back your confidence.

Complex location