Complaint Review: Rushing Winds Stable, Olympia, WA

• Updated: Sun, July 28, 2013

• Reported By: Starved No More — Rochester Washington
Rushing Winds Stable, Olympia, WA
Olympia, Washington USA

Rushing Winds Stable, Olympia, WA Poor care, horse underfed, manager incompetent Olympia Washington

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Starved no more

*Consumer Comment: My horse was going hungry too

This is only to substantiate the other reports here. Please do not board your horse here. I boarded here a few years ago during a transition and see I was right to pull my horse after the new manager came aboard.  I spoke to him and the owner several times about how much to feed my horse and consistently, the horse lost weight.  I pleaded for a month, even offering to bring in extra food if they would just put it in the bucket.  They said they would feed the horse more, but when I slipped in late at night to check the next morning's feeding on more than one occasion, they had given the horse MAYBE a cup of Senior Feed.  That wouldn't sustain anything.

When I pulled my horse, I was angrily confronted by the manager who tried to block my way.  I calmly told him I was taking the horse elsewhere where I would be in charge of the feeding to ensure it was getting the nutrition it needed.

It is a shame because it could be a really awesome facility...great clubhouse, decent size stalls and covered arena...nice trails.  I wish someone would take it over and do it justice.  When I first started boarding, it was full, including the stalls attached to the arena.  When I left, it was becoming a ghost town.

Beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2013 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rushing-Winds-Stable-Olympia-WA/Olympia-Washington-98501/Rushing-Winds-Stable-Olympia-WA-Poor-care-horse-underfed-manager-incompetent-Olympia-1070806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rushing Winds Stable, Olympia, WA

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Starved no more

AUTHOR: disgusted - ()

Your report is hard to find but very important to keep other horses safe. Could you edit your search title to say rushing wind stables and list it under horse boarding Olympia wa please? I don't want any more horses suffering like mine and yours did.

My horse was going hungry too

AUTHOR: disgusted - ()

I'm writing this to agree with Starved No More's report. He/she took the words right out of my mouth. I was also there before and after the transition of the new manager. The care of the horses went down hill right away. First they were not brought in the barn at night, then their feed was cut. I noticed my horse loosing weight and spoke to the manager. He said to worm my horse more often. (well my horse is always on a deworming schedule). I spoke with the owner and all she said was the cost of feed goes up and the horses looked good to her. I started bringing in supplements and then the supplements were going faster than they should have. I asked if anyone else was using them and he said no. I saw other people pulling their horses out but never talked to them as to why. That stable used to be totally full and when I took my horse out it was half full. The manager was very angry at me for taking my horse even threatening that if I wanted to come back he would make me wait a long time and would have to take an outside stall. Then I read some of the other reports, the manager thinks if you stall your horse at night that your making your horse sleep in its bathroom...WHAT? His responses pretty much tell how inexperienced he is about horses. My horse is doing so much better now gaining weight and the supplements are lasting as long as the packages say they should. I drove past Rushing Wind the other day and I think there are only a few horses left, could be the owners horses. I am writing this report to help people to not put their horse in a bad situation.

Rushing Wind Stables, Rushing Wind Equestrian Center, Holms Farms, Horse Care Olympia WA, Horse Boarding Olympia WA