Complaint Review: Rusmur Floors, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, February 03, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, August 23, 2012

• Reported By: Beemer — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA
Rusmur Floors, Inc.
500 Station Street Bridgeville, Pennsylvania United States of America

Rusmur Floors, Inc. Installer Mishaps Bridgeville, Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rusmur Floors' Rebuttal

*Author of original report: Rusmur Refuses To Accept Responsibility!

While installing new carpeting and linolieum in my home, the installer broke a water pipe in my bathroom. He charged me to fix the pipe. After he left the pipe he installed began to leak water through the kitchen ceiling. He was unavailable to return to correct damage, so called a plumber. The plumber opened the kitchen ceiling, removed the damaged pipe the installer had installed, removed a plastic garbage bag that the installer had placed in there, and soldered a pipe fixture in the break. This all happened on November 24, 2010, a day before thanksgiving. After the holiday, I contacted the salesman at Rusmur to advise of the situation. The installer's phone number had been disconnected and I was unable to reach him!

The salesman, Kenn Lebovitz, informed me he would take care of the situation and get back to me. When he finally called back, a week later, it was to inform me that he would send this same installer to complete unfinished work in the bathroom. [continued below]....

..... When I asked him what happened to my reimbursement request for the damage caused by this installer's haphazard repair of the broken pipe, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about!

I informed him that he could not send that same installer to do anymore work in my home. While inspecting the house as we replaced items back in place after the installation, we found paint chipped off in the doorways of just about every entryway in our 6-room home, and the countertops where they removed the stove to place linolieum beneath it, are damaged!

Additionally, I am now paying the monthly payments for the total installation.

I contacted management, and sent them copies of the bills for the plumber, plasterer, and painter who we used to correct the water damage in the kitchen caused by the leaking pipe. I have not heard back from them, and it is now over 2 months since I apprised management of the problem.I am so angry at Rusmur Floors for their failure to take care of the damages done to my home by their installers!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2011 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rusmur-Floors-Inc/Bridgeville-Pennsylvania-15017/Rusmur-Floors-Inc-Installer-Mishaps-Bridgeville-Pennsylvania-690453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rusmur Floors, Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rusmur Floors' Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Rusmur Floors - (United States of America)

In this case, the customer contracted directly with the subcontractor to do additional work for her outside the scope of the initial job.  She did so without the knowledge or participation of Rusmur Floors.  The customer did not contract with Rusmur Floors, nor did she pay Rusmur Floors for this additional work that was done, yet she holds Rusmur Floors responsible.

Rusmur Refuses To Accept Responsibility!

AUTHOR: Beemer - (USA)

I contacted the BBB and also the financing body for the loan for the carpeting installation.  Both refuse to accept responsibility for the installer's damage.  Rusmur Floors says they didn't contract for the damages that the installer did, and he needs to be held responsible.  Yet, Rusmur claims they are unable to contact the installer, nor have they given me the information so that I can contact him.  the financing company states I must continue to get remuneration from Rusmur cause they are not responsible.  I am left between a rock and a hard place, and have decided to obtain services of an attorney.  I also applied to go on the Judge Alex program.  If anyone has any other suggestions, please respond.