Complaint Review: Russel Automotive

• Updated: Thu, December 26, 2013

• Reported By: Anthony Raymond — Baltimore Maryland
Russel Automotive
6324 Baltimore National Pike Baltimore, Maryland USA

Russel Automotive Russel Toyota Alignment paid for but not completed Baltimore Maryland

BEWARE OF RUSSEL TOYOTA AND AUTOMOTIVE

My tires were wearing irregularly, and my Toyota was veering excessively to the right.

I visited Russel Toyota on Caton Avenue to get a front wheel alignment. I was charged $80.95. Upon inquiring about my alignment I was told I needed new tires. My tires were used less than 25,000 miles and were warranted for 55,000 miles.

I was also told Russel did not perform the alignment I had paid for. Within the week I went to Pep Boys where I purchased my tires. They explained that my tires were wearing improperly and would continue to do so until I got an alignment. They performed a free alignment check to determine this. I then paid for an alignment, and now my car drives perfectly.

After the alignment I drove to Russel’s main location on Baltimore National Pike, and spoke with their service manager. Three days later I spoke briefly with Wade Sterry, their General Manager. He said he would investigate, and get back to me. He never has. Three more days later, I spoke with Jennifer Robinson, their so-called Customer Service Manager. She apologized for Sterry’s behavior and promised she would get back to me. Again, I am still waiting.

Midas, Pep Boys, Mr. Tire and most if not all service centers perform free alignment checks. Russel not only did not do this, but I needed to go elsewhere to get an alignment I had paid for.

This is not the first time I have been ripped off by Russel. In 2010, I got conned into replaceing a drive belt, although I had limited mileage. Even now I only have 55,000 miles on my car. Although I have had Toyota’s since 1973, I have never needed a drive belt replaced.

I suggest that Russel be avoided for any service problems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2013 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Russel-Automotive/Baltimore-Maryland-21228/Russel-Automotive-Russel-Toyota-Alignment-paid-for-but-not-completed-Baltimore-Maryland-1110578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Russel Automotive