Complaint Review: Rustico Tile and Stone

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: beckyjack71 — Delray Beach Florida
Rustico Tile and Stone
21600 Nameless Road Leander, Texas USA

Rustico Tile and Stone, Saltillo Tile Connection CHARGED ME FOR CRATES OF BROKEN TILE Leander Texas

*Author of original report: Rustico Goes to New Lows

*Author of original report: Rustico Tile Has No Intention of Taking Care of Customer Issues

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The other side of the story

I ordered 1570 pieces of tile and paid in full plus delivery charges totalling $5409. After having multiple difficulties getting the tile delivered, once it was delivered it was obvious many pieces were broken. I noted the damage on the delivery receipt as instructed by the tile company. I then took digital photos of the damaged tile. The tile company argued that there probably wasn't as much breakage as I thought and to use the tile and save the broken pieces as they may need an insurance adjustor to view them to claim against the delivery company. I repeatedly alerted the tile company that we would not have enough tile to finish the job and asked for replacement tile to be sent as there was much more than 15% breakage. They refused and only offer to sell me more broken tile with a wait time of weeks. I've sent multiple emails and followed their every instruction to no avail. I want either the replacement tile sent or a refund of the 21% breakage (324 tiles)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rustico-Tile-and-Stone/Leander-Texas-78641/Rustico-Tile-and-Stone-Saltillo-Tile-Connection-CHARGED-ME-FOR-CRATES-OF-BROKEN-TILE-Le-1070002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rustico Tile and Stone

Rustico Goes to New Lows

AUTHOR: beckyjack71 - ()

8/6/13

The nightmare of dealing with Rustico Tile & Stone (a.k.a. Saltillo Tile Connection or South Texas Saltillo Tile Connection) continues.  The latest was so audacious I almost couldn’t believe it.

Ray Ocana mentioned in emails on a couple of occasions that an insurance adjustor would have to review the broken tiles and they would have to be picked up in order for him to send replacement tiles.  I agreed and asked them when they could come out so I could let my guard gate know when to expect them.  He never gave me a date or time but would ask if the next day was okay, and I always agreed, just asked for a time to let the gate expect them.  This never materialized.

Today, I got a call from my guard gate saying that a tile company was here for me.  I asked who they were.  The response was “Rustico Tile”.  I asked if they were here delivering the replacement tile or picking up the broken tile filling my garage.  The guard said they responded that they were here to look at the broken tile.  I asked if they were from the insurance company and they told the guard they were the insurance people for Rustico Tile.  I said he could let them in to wait for me outside the house as it would take me 20 minutes to get there from the hotel I’ve had to stay at during the tiling delays.

I rushed to the house and found no one there but my contractor who had been working.  I asked him if someone from the insurance company had been there.  He told me that a friend of the tile owner had been there looking through the house and garage taking pictures.

So, Rustico Tile sent a friend posing as an insurance adjustor to my home and proceeded to enter it without permission and take pictures which I’ve already sent them and which they are free to have at any point along with: the receipts for the tile I’ve had to buy , stain I’ve had to buy , hotel bills I’ve had to pay, extra labor bills for staining & sealing the replacement tile I’ve had to pay since they do not believe in honoring any commitments to customers.

I would welcome a true insurance adjustor but will not be fooled into letting anyone else representing “Rustico Tile” into my neighborhood again.

Email strings and a photo history along with receipts for all of the expenses mentioned above are available.  How Rustico can just simply deny  the breakage when supplied with pictures,  and immediate notice of the breakage evident at delivery is disappointing but dishonesty always is.  That they sent someone into my home under false pretenses is revolting and frightening.

I would be happy to send my entire email history with this company to show the repeated attempts I’ve made to work with them regarding this matter.

Rustico Tile Has No Intention of Taking Care of Customer Issues

AUTHOR: beckyjack71 - ()

Dear Ray:  Per your phone instructions to me, you said you would be checking email while out of the country.  There were no untruths whatsoever on my complaints.  Given the experiences I've had so far with your company I'm not at all surprised that no efforts are being made to correct the poor product and service I've received so far.  Calling customers who are unhappy and unsatisfied after paying thousands of dollars for broken tiles which they had to argue to even receive and who followed your company's directions to the letter,  irrational is not only insulting but also irrational.

I will be pursuing compensation for the broken tiles, shipping charges, hauling charges of the broken tiles, extra labor costs due to this delay and staining and sealing of replacement tiles purchased.  Please note all I have done is file truthful complaints after contacting your company several times and begging you to live up to your claims of customer service and product quality - you chose to disregard my requests for a week and only got involved once I was driven to complain to other parties.  Now, you have disregarded them again.

Stating that there was less than 10% breakage when you were not on site is ridiculous and shows that you have no interest in following through.  I repeatedly agreed that an insurance adjustor should come on site immediately and you never sent one - this shows your true intentions of dismissing any complaints.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The other side of the story

AUTHOR: ray - ()

Becky J**** ordered 1570pc of tile. We shipped her 1620. 50pc extra, free of charge and as compliment to her order. The shipping company has proof of delivery and according to her pictures; the damage is far less than 10% Her CONTRACT clearly states 15% overage is to be allowed at customers expense. She was aware of this and in accordance. Even though she clearly recieved far less damage than even expected, we still offered to (on good faith and not relative to her claims of damage) send her 450sf in ABSOLUTELY no expense to her.

If you have any question to the ligitimacy or integrity of our company. Please contact us and let us proove Becky J****'s claim to be erroneous. 512.260.9111  Have a blessed day!