Complaint Review: rv swap shop

• Updated: Sun, February 09, 2014

• Reported By: labooteek — Florida
rv swap shop
, Select State/Province USA

rv swap shop Ads vs. what you see in person doesn't add up; tries to sell you overcharged used accessories; Summerfield Florida

*Author of original report: So Wrong!

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Fraudulent Report

Do your homework first before signing any paperwork!  I'm so happy our deal fell through and we shopped further.  For $2,000 more, we got a 2014, brand new model with lots of options, from a well known Central Florida Dealer.

While the Sales people are nice and keep advising you of their BBB rating of which we all know means nothing, they attempted to rip us off on the used add ons.  Got the add ons brand new for half the price at the Dealership we just purchased ours from.

The ads on the Internet are significantly different than in person.  For example, we were going to look at a "completely restored" model only to get there and find yes, the outside was, but the inside wasn't and full of grease, mold and so forth.  Most of the campers we looked at had traces of mold, had not been inspected prior to be placing on the lot for sale.  They say they're going to do this after you purchase but to me, the sight of just a little mold...that's enough for me.  If you see mold on the outside, you wonder what's underneath.

Don't sign any paperwork that says your deposit is non-refundable as that's what theirs says.  I have no clue as to why, but it's there and because they are constantly talking to you while you're trying to review the paperwork you're signing, we missed that part.

Again, do your homework first before deciding to deal with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2014 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rv-swap-shop/Select-StateProvince/rv-swap-shop-Ads-vs-what-you-see-in-person-doesnt-add-up-tries-to-sell-you-overcharged-1122299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rv swap shop

So Wrong!

AUTHOR: - ()

No, we weren't a Dealership lol.  We were a couple...husband and wife...and if I remember correctly, you didn't like this report and attempted to call me to resolve it. I didn't call you back.

And, here you go again about your "BBB" rating of which again, does not mean a thing.  You appear to use the BBB as a crutch to say your Company is upstanding, but it's not.  As long as you support and pay the BBB, they will have your back.  So I and other folks take no solace on a BBB rating.

My husband and I still stand with the original post about your Company.  What we wrote is the absolute truth about our experience.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Fraudulent Report

AUTHOR: Ivon - (USA)

Each unit that we purchase for sale or take in on consignment is walked through by at LEAST two different people. Anything like leaks, stains, broken parts, etc. are addressed before a unit is ever listed for sale.

We have been in business for 14 years, and carry an A+ rating with the BBB. Also, if you take a look at our website (www.rvswapshop.com) under Happy Campers you will see a long list of satisfied customers, some of which have purchased more than one unit from us. The way this complaint is worded, it appears to be written by a rival dealership that specializes in new units.