Complaint Review: RV Wholesalers

• Updated: Tue, October 22, 2013

• Reported By: Milo — Lima Ohio
RV Wholesalers
530 N. Main Street Lakeview , Ohio USA

RV Wholesalers Durnell's RV Sales Extorted $1500 from me 10-18-2013 Lakeview Ohio

*Author of original report: Right You Are

*Consumer Comment: This Doesn't Make Sense!

I purchased an RV from RV Wholesales January 2013 and was told that I need to keep the financing for 12 months or RVWholesales would charge me $5474. I signed the agreement.Then I signed our financing agreement with Bank of America. I figured the 12 month financing referred to Bank of America. After all, they were the ones loaning the money.

After 9 months I called Bank of America to inquire about their early pay off penalty and they said they do not have an early payoff penalty so I paid the loan off after 9 months. Then last week I received a call from Preston Rogan of RVWholesales asking for their $5474 or he would have their team of lawyers sue me and I would then be liable for the $5474 and court costs. Great customer service huh?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2013 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RV-Wholesalers/Lakeview-Ohio-43331/RV-Wholesalers-Durnells-RV-Sales-Extorted-1500-from-me-10-18-2013-Lakeview-Ohio-1093705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RV Wholesalers

Right You Are

AUTHOR: Milo - ()

Like I said I signed an agreement with RVWholesales to keep financing for 12 months,then I signed the Bank paper work figuring the bank paperwork superceeds RVW and the 12 month financing agreement refered to the bank. I called the bank after 9 monthys and they said I had no early payoff penalty. I paid of the loan and got a release for the bank and they retured the title. Then RVW called me and demanded money based on the agreement I signed before the bank paperwork.

This Doesn't Make Sense!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

The bank loaned you the money, right?  You need to get FROM THE BANK the official paperwork which states the loan is now PAID OFF and any lien has been released.  If what you're saying is correct, the dealer has already been paid for the RV by the bank and is therefore out of the loop unless you have some type of side arrangement with them.