Complaint Review: RVTL US

• Reported By: Marilynn — Vancouver Washington
RVTL US
1285 Baring Blvd, 297, Sparks, Nevada 89434 Palmdale, California USA

RVTL US aka EQUINOX DNA Misleading Advertising Trap Sparks Nevada

The RVTL and Equinox websites offer a 30 day trial supply of two products, Equinox Day and Night, and RVTL Anti-aging cream, saying the cost was just $4.95 shipping.  I ordered the trial products, and received them a few days later.

When I received my Visa bill a 17 days after receiving the product I was shocked to see that, in addition to the two charges for $4.95,  I had been charged $93 and $99 for the products.  I  was shocked and immediately called the phone numbers on the Visa bill  for the company to question the charges.

I was told by the clever customer service representative that I had to notify the company 14 days from the date of order, or I was enrolled as a regular customer, and was charged those prices for the products they'd provided, and was enrolled to receive them  each month.  I said I didn't want the product, couldn't see that it was helpful, would never have agreed to even try or order such expensive products if I'd know the price and conditions.

The agent told me I was too late, they would keep my money $192,  though I could cancel further shipments!   When I asked him where on the ad was the price of the products, or the 14 day rule, he  referred me to the fine print on the "Terms of Agreement", which was a subdocument one needed to check in order to process the free trial order.  "Gotcha!"

This company uses highly misleading advertising for its products.  No where on the face of the advertisement was the true  price or the "14 day" terms.    It buries those details so as to mislead unwitting customers, and holds them at ransom for money they've charged, using credit card numbers they've used when the $4.95 shipping was paid.  They refuse to return my $192.

After my "cancellation" of membership I received two emails from the company or companies confirming my "membership" cancellation, and  giving me addresses as to where to return the products.  So I mailed them back, according to their directions, return receipt requested.  One receipt shows it was accepted by something called "Mail America" in Palmdale, California, and the other receipt has not been received, so I presume they are refusing to sign for the package.   I have written several more times, and have talked again to the customer service representatives, but have not received my money back.

I note that several others have had the same problem, and the same misunderstanding.  I think that this company intentionally misleads consumers, and I would warn anyone against dealing with them.

In case anyone is wondering what $192 buys, one was a 2 ounce jar of face cream, and the other was two one-ounce tubes of some kind of gels.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2013 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RVTL-US/Palmdale-California-93550/RVTL-US-aka-EQUINOX-DNA-Misleading-Advertising-Trap-Sparks-Nevada-1060571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RVTL US