Complaint Review: Rydell Moving

• Updated: Sun, August 25, 2013

• Reported By: Vancouver Resident — Vancouver British Columbia
Rydell Moving
1866 E 33, Vancouver, BC V5N 3E4 Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Rydell Moving Jeff O'Neill After one hour waiting Jeff called to tell me that he did not like my accent and decided not to come Vancouver BC

If you need a professional and reliable mover, DO NOT HIRE RYDELL MOVING. Their owner Jeff O'Neill is an abusive, rude, disrespectful individual. Even worse, if you do not speak in his own "perfect" English accent, he would not like you and don't expect to be served. In my over ten years in Canada and half a dozen moves, this is the first time I was exposed to this kind of discrimination and hostile behaviour. Shame on you Jeff, shame on you.

I hired Jeff over two weeks in advance. He wanted to confirm one day before the move which I did. He called back the same day and in a very rude tone asked how many times I needed confirmation.

On the day of the move, two houre before the scheduled time I sent him an email asking if he would accept a cheque. Instead of "yes" or "no" he responded threatening that he would not come. We decided not to respond to his rudeness and focus on the move. My husband called him and told him that cash is okay, the whole conversation was not longer than ten seconds. Jeff's response was "See you in twenty minutes". My husband went down to wait for him.

We were paitently waiting for him to arrive, thinking that he is in his way. One hour after scheduled time, Jeff called me to tell me that he did not like my attitude, my accent, my English, my husband too, and he decided not to come.

I decided to spend another half an hour on this individual, and started digging on the internet. Apparently, his business reputation is low, I only wish I did my research earlier. I also found that he is misrepresenting the his company's BBB rating. His email signature shows A+ BBB rating. This is directly copied from my correspondence with him.

However, here is the real rating from the BBB site:

Rydell Moving

Find a Location

(778) 883-5758 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            (778) 883-5758     end_of_the_skype_highlightingView Additional Phone Numbers1866 E 33, Vancouver, BC V5N 3E4 Send email to Rydell Moving! There is an alert for this business !

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/mbc/business-reviews/movers/rydell-moving-in-vancouver-bc-1253244#sthash.n6OJ4Jr6.dpuf

Please stay away from Rydell Movers and Jeff O'Neill. I hope that he will end up in court soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rydell-Moving/Vancouver-British-Columbia-V5N-3E4/Rydell-Moving-Jeff-ONeill-After-one-hour-waiting-Jeff-called-to-tell-me-that-he-did-not-1078935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rydell Moving