Complaint Review: S & J Transport

• Updated: Tue, June 03, 2014

• Reported By: JamesC — North Attleboro Massachusetts
S & J Transport
1381 Dexter Road Dover-Foxcroft, Maine USA

S & J Transport S & J Mobile Home Transport Jim Loring Does not communicate, fulfill contract or promises Dover-Foxcroft Maine

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*Author of original report: ****UPDATE

After a few hiccups and lack-luster performances, I thought we could iron out the wrinkles and have a good, long-term partnership. Unfortunately, despite paying Jim in advance, I still have no anchors installed on two homes installed 11 & 12 months ago.

Part of the service included installing anchors for $300 ($150 per home.)  A the time - he claimed - his anchor drive machine was broken and he promised that he would be back in a month or two.  That never happened.

The worst part is dozens (looking at my call log, it's actually over 50) phone calls and text messages where I was promised "next week" "next month" or "before thanksgiving when I'm in the area. [continued below]....

....." Most calls, texts, emails and faxes went unanswered. I started once a week and patience & courtesy.  The more I waited for answers, the more frustrated I became. I just cannot deal with any contractor who doesn't have the courtesy to give me even a one sentence text message saying that he was delayed.

Ironically, Jim - the owner - ranted on his social networking page about some bad customer service he received from a tire place after paying in advance and that "I would fire any of my guys who treated my customers that way." Hypocrisy?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/S-J-Transport/Dover-Foxcroft-Maine-04426/S-amp-J-Transport-S-amp-J-Mobile-Home-Transport-Jim-Loring-Does-not-communicate-fulf-1108324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on S & J Transport

UPDATE

AUTHOR: JamesC - ()

An update:

On February 18, 2014 I received a check from Mr. Loring reimbursing me the $300 for the uncompleted portion of the work.  In addition, he apologized for failing to meet his promises.

I am considering this matter closed.

****UPDATE

AUTHOR: JamesC - ()

Jim Loring D/B/A S & J Transport has been kind enough to send me a refund check for the full amount of work not completed as of February 20, 2014.

I am satisfied with the outcome.

bother