Complaint Review: S & R Towing

• Reported By: neveragain — Valley Center California
S & R Towing
1060 Airport Rd., Oceanside, CA 92058 Oceanside, California USA

S & R Towing overcharged, charged much more than estimate Oceanside California

I called several tow companies to tow a 20 ft. container.  I got various quotes, and chose S & R due to the proximity of the pickup, and their low, but not lowest, rate of about $200-225.  The tow operator was very courteous and efficient, but it was only his second container; his first was moved about 100 feet at a construction site.  When delivered, he called in for the invoice: $350. I complained, of course.  I had previously spoken to Chris, several times, now I spoke to David.  He basically said that if I don't pay, they will impound the container and store it in their yard, and I would have to pay the $350 plus the storage fee. Of course, I paid, as I didn't know what else to do.  I later spoke to the general manager, who assured me he would look into it and get back to me.  This happened about two weeks ago, and I'm still waiting.  I wouldn't want anyone else going through the same experience I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2013 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/S-R-Towing/Oceanside-California-92058/S-R-Towing-overcharged-charged-much-more-than-estimate-Oceanside-California-1073868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on S & R Towing