Complaint Review: Sabans Rent a Car LLC

• Updated: Wed, July 24, 2013

• Reported By: mdw213 — scottsdale Arizona
Sabans Rent a Car LLC
2934 E. McDowell Road Phoenix, Arizona USA

Sabans Rent a Car LLC Phoenix Rental Car Bait and Switch was told 40/day and when returned they wrote in many charges totaling 300 for 2 days Phoenix Arizona

When I called to get a quote for a two day car rental, I was told around $39.00 a day plus $11.00 a day for insurance plus tax this was after telling the person the city I was going to and the amount of miles I would be driving as well as the amount of time I would need the car.I was quoted $125.00 which I already thought was a little steep for 2 days but I knew I would have issues renting anywhere else due to my age(23). I was also told I would have to put a $300 deposit down and that all I would need is my license and the deposit to take the car.

I had a family event a few hours away and the earliest I could pick up the car was 8am. When I arrived to pick up the car the guy at the desk was very rude, brushing me off and almost seemed like he didn’t want to talk to me. He obviously enjoyed giving me the run around knowing I was in a rush, Nearly 45 mins after arriving I was told I needed pay stubs and a cable or electric bill, because I have a Beverly Hills number. As I was walking out I overheard him call me a stupid f****t. As upsetting as that is I really needed the car to see my family. I had to take a cab from there back to my apartment in old town Scottsdale and back to grab the information I was told I needed (9 miles ea way) that cost me around another $60. When I left I called the main number to ask if that was necessary and I was told it was not.

I was nearly 2 hours late to getting on the road at this point, very flustered and I handed the guy the information he “needed” and then I signed the papers he needed me to sign, at this point my $300 deposit changed to $450 and the sales tax raised to 20%. My family I hardly get to see were in town from Michigan and I really wanted to see them, as flustered as I was I put down the 450.I was taken to my car which was a 2001 Chevy impala with cigarette burns in the seats, the wonderful smell of cigarettes and 179k miles, it was basically falling apart. When I asked if they had anything else I was told that it would cost more to switch cars. It had an 1/8 of a tank of gas which added another 20 minutes to fill up and get on the road.

When I returned it  I was charged $284.96 ($165.00 more than quoted) and told that they had given me a 3 day packaged deal, which I was never told about. I kept my composure and I said ok well then I will just return the car tomorrow. I was then told I would need to put down another deposit to take it for the day I had already paid for. When I called the main number I was told that I was being irrational, by the same person that had quoted me but at this point in the scam his tone was completly different, I was in a cab and the cab driver said I was being very calm. I’m very upset to say the least. I really don’t want anyone else to have this experience, I know my money is gone I just hope that no one else has to experience this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sabans-Rent-a-Car-LLC/Phoenix-Arizona-85008/Sabans-Rent-a-Car-LLC-Phoenix-Rental-Car-Bait-and-Switch-was-told-40day-and-when-return-1069656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sabans Rent a Car LLC