Complaint Review: sabans rental car

• Reported By: Rich — sinking spring Pennsylvania United States of America
sabans rental car
2934 E McDowell Rd Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

sabans rental car Saban's Leasing Scam Artists Phoenix, Arizona

Add me to the list of people ripped off by these guys.  I was looking for a car for a one month rental in Phoenix.  I found these guys on the internet and they offered a better price than I could find any else.  They told me I would be getting a late model, full size vehicle.  Their airport pickup was promt and in a decent minivan.  But when I pulled into the lot, I immediately questioned what I was getting myself into.  I had travelled all day, it was late, so I went ahead with the rental.  The place was located in a ghetto was a mess.   My wife was afraid to go into the office.  The rental agreement said 61,200 miles but when I got in the car the odometer read 161,200!  The car was a mess.  It smelled awful.  Nevertheless, I took it, but the next day, rented a car from Enterprise and attempted to return it, expecting to argue about how many days I would have to pay (I had it less than 24 hrs).  The guy at the counter took one look and said no refund, that I had signed for a month and that was it.  He quickly circled the fine print and said that was it.  I argued but got no where and left.  I should have kept it and just parked it so these scam artist could not rent it again but I didn't think of it at the time.  That same day they hit my credit card for exactly $800.  My agreement was for $599 plus approx $120 in taxes, and 12 for airport pickup.  How they arrived at that round number, I have no idea.

Legally, I signed their form without fully understanding what it stated, so they are likely on sound legal grounds.  How they ran the charges up to $800 I have no idea and will probably never know.  But what they did was just not right.  They misrepresented their vehicle and refused to work with me.  After reading previous complaints, I see that these guys are just a bunch of rip off artists.

I plan on contacting the BB and I plan on notifying my credit card company.  I will challenge the charges though will that will likely lead no where other than hasselling them.

Agree with all other posters:  stay away from these guys and tell all of your friends.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2011 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/sabans-rental-car/Phoenix-Arizona-85088/sabans-rental-car-Sabans-Leasing-Scam-Artists-Phoenix-Arizona-697217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on sabans rental car