Complaint Review: Safeco Insurance

• Reported By: Doug — Colorado Springs Colorado
Safeco Insurance
14123 Denver West Parkway Golden, Colorado USA

Safeco Insurance extortion by threatening my credit Golden Colorado

I have never had any contract or business relationship with Safeco Homeowners Insurance.  I wrote them to that effect and that I will not pay what I do not owe.  Yet they keep sending bills.  I am afraid they will damage my excellent credit rating by reporting a delinquency.

In March I was phoned on a Saturday by a salesman offering discount homeowners insurance.  I said I was interested.  After a little investigation that day I decided I was not interested.  Since the salesman gave me no contact info, I tried to contact Safeco by phone.  I tried repeatedly, but the Safeco phone tree does not allow a caller to talk to a human being, and there is no option for cancelations.  I could not reach Safeco by email either.

Because my insurance is paid with my mortgage thru an impound account, I phoned my lender.  I explained the situation, and told my lender I had no business relationship with Safeco, and not under any circumstances to ever pay to Safeco, and to keep paying my old insurance company.

I have never signed any contract with Safeco.

Two months later in May I received a bill in the mail.  I responded with a harshly worded refusal to pay what I do not owe.  Yesterday June 11, 2013 I received another bill.

Now is the time to warn others of Safeco's deceptive, abusive and dishonest business practices.  That company has contrived to block communications from the public, making my situation impossible to avoid.  It is also time to file formal complaints with state and Federal consumer protection agencies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safeco-Insurance/Golden-Colorado-80401/Safeco-Insurance-extortion-by-threatening-my-credit-Golden-Colorado-1058582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safeco Insurance