Complaint Review: Safety Harbor Firearms

• Updated: Thu, July 11, 2013

• Reported By: Disgusted — Montrose Pennsylvania
Safety Harbor Firearms
985 Harbor Lake Drive Unit #14 Safety Harbor, Florida USA

Safety Harbor Firearms Defective rifle, poor service, rotten communication and lies about when my rifle will be repaired..if ever Safety Harbor Florida

*Author of original report: Refund issued by Safety Harbor Firearms

Placed an order for 50 BMG rifle with this company on 2/10/13.  As per their website, I expected a 10 to 12 week wait.  17 weeks later the rifle shows up.  I took it to the range the very next day.  I fired one shot and the bolt was stuck closed.  I was unable to extract the empty case from the chamber unless using a rubber mallet on the bolt handle to open the action.  This happened eight times with different types of ammunition.  It did open up once without resorting to the rubber mallet but I had to coat the shell case with oil for it to work properly.

I promptly called the factory and spoke to the owner/builder Walter Keller.  He told me that I would have to send back the rifle for repairs.  I asked him why a problem this obvious got past him and he gave me a BS story that the rifle was test fired but some oil must have been in the chamber and that's why it went unoticed. I asked how long I would have to wait for the rifle to be repaired (not being in the mood to wait since I just waited 17 weeks for delivery) and Walter Keller told me that he would "get right on it" as soon as it got to him.  I sent the rifle back on 6/20/13 at a cost of $58.93 and it was received by the company on 6/25/13 at 11:40 AM.

I called the company on 6/28/13 to inquire what they intended to do about my rifle.  I spoke with Walter Keller again and he admitted that the problem existed after test firings in his factory.  He said that he would polish the chamber to get the "burnishing" out.  In our conversation on 6/19/2013 he indicated to me that the barrel may need to be changed out.  Changing a barrel or polishing a chamber takes no more than a day at most.  They have had my rifle in their possession for 17 days and counting with NO communication, NO notice that it has been shipped back to me and, as far as I know, NO repair has been made or will be made.

So far, including accessories, I have paid over $2,800.00 for a product that doesn't work and that I don't even have in my possession and I have no idea when I will. All I want is a functioning rifle that was advertised and that I paid for.  It's like pulling teeth to get that from this company. In my opinion, the owners are poor business people and could care less if you have a problem with one of their products.  I had a problem with an accessory as well.  Avoid this company if you don't want to experience this level of aggravation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safety-Harbor-Firearms/Safety-Harbor-Florida-34695/Safety-Harbor-Firearms-Defective-rifle-poor-service-rotten-communication-and-lies-about-1066228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safety Harbor Firearms

Refund issued by Safety Harbor Firearms

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

The company has issued a full refund to my credit card.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC