Complaint Review: Sage Ryder - Projector Lamp Center

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, March 25, 2008

• Reported By:Oakton Virginia
Sage Ryder - Projector Lamp Center
4060 Peachtree Rd Suite D-334 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Sage Ryder - ProjectorLampCenter Took my money under false pretenses ripoff Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Issue NOT resolved

*UPDATE Employee: Customer needs to contact Projector Lamp Center.....Situation has been resolved

This company is behaving in what appears to be an illegal manner. I placed an order with them for $515.00 when they told me they had the product in stock. After 2 phone calls and 2 missed shipped dates I finally confirmed they did not have the product in stock and asked them to cancel my order and issue a credit to my credit card. One week later I received the part I ordered any way and noticed that my credit card was never adjusted to reflect the credit.

I called them and told them I had cancelled the order and no longer needed it. At this point they seemed very friendly and sent me a Fed Ex label to send it back to them and promised they would issue the credit to my account as soon as I verified it had been shipped to them. The Fed Ex shipping and receipt verification were sent to them as evidence that they got it back.

Six weeks later, I have sent 2 emails and have had 6 phone calls with their customer service rep, inside sales rep, and the inside sales manger, and finally a phone voice mail message to their VP of sales and service AND I still have not gotten my $515 back and doubt I ever will. I am filing a complaint with VISA today.

I am convinced by their actions and numerous postings I have found in public forums on the internet that this company is operating in an illegal manner.

Djohnson
Oakton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sage-Ryder-Projector-Lamp-Center/Atlanta-Georgia-30319/Sage-Ryder-ProjectorLampCenter-Took-my-money-under-false-pretenses-ripoff-Atlanta-Georgi-267338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sage Ryder - Projector Lamp Center

Issue NOT resolved

AUTHOR: Djohnson - (U.S.A.)

I received an email today from Rip Off Report stating the vendor claims that the issue has been resolved. The issue was never resolved with me. VISA credited my account many months ago when Sage Ryder declared bankruptcy protection without ever giving me my money back. To my knowledge VISA was never paid; however, if they were, I would still expect a call from Projector Lamp Center / Sage Ryder stating that the case has been resolved. The way this company strung me along for 6 weeks, declared bankruptcy with out telling me, and then continued to do business without informing new buyers of their risk was very misleading. I STRONGLY ADVISE THAT YOU DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Customer needs to contact Projector Lamp Center.....Situation has been resolved

AUTHOR: Customer Service Team - (U.S.A.)

We apologize that you had such a poor experience with ordering from our website. Projector Lamp Center uses vendors which ususally drop ship directly to your door. Most of the time these orders go out without any issues. Unfortuatnely there are times that the order gets held up for various reasons and us here at the customer service call center are "called" upon to find the issue and get the product to the customer as quickly as possible.

We have customer service personel available Mon-Fri from 8:30-6:00. We also have a live Chat service available online during business hours. Also we have an online email service which can be used to contact us for any reason regarding a current order or situation.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this situaiton. If there is anything we can do please do not hesitate to contact us immediately.