Complaint Review: Saint Francis Animal Hospital

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012

• Reported By: Alicia — Shamokin Pennsylvania United States of America
Saint Francis Animal Hospital
Spruce Street, Shamokin, PA 17872 Shamokin, Pennsylvania United States of America

Saint Francis Animal Hospital Alpine Animal Clinic Unprofessional, Rude, DIRTY, and unreasonably priced! Shamokin, Pennsylvania

I did not deal with the other doctor at this veterinarian, but dealt with Dr. Conrad. I've been a professional in the dog world for the past 8 years. This was my first visit to this animal hospital. I had a puppy that I got from someone and I was finding a good home for her. They were very rude to me and treating me like a bad person because I wasn t keeping her. The doctor rolled his eyes at me countless times throughout the exam. He made the health certificate very complicated and stated at one point this sounds fishy to me and called the online advertising company I was selling through without my consent to ask them questions about me and my puppy. I had to explain things to him countless times that any vet should know. He was very unhappy about having to fill out a health certificate and made that very clear. On top of the rude and unprofessional treatment, the exam room was dirty. There were clumps of hair and other substances on the floor from the last animal in the room. No wonder parvo is such a big deal in Shamokin right now. According to my vet tech training, exam rooms are to be completely cleaned and disinfected in between each patient to prevent the spread of disease!

To top everything off (after a 2 hour office visit of nothing but trouble...even though my puppy was 100% healthy) the bill was ridiculously high! I was charged for a fecal exam and then separately for a giardia test (giardia should be included in a fecal) I was also charged for an earmite test and then separately for an ear swab and microscopic analysis. I ve never paid so much for a puppy s health examination in my life. It is safe to say that I will never be returning to that vet. I don t know how they ve stayed in business... I guess because the general public doesn t know how vets are supposed to operate. The dirty floors alone would be enough to keep me away forever. I had to bleach my shoes at the door when I got home and immediately put my clothing in the washing machine to prevent my other dogs in the house from getting any diseases that I m sure were lying on that floor. It only takes one drop of saliva or other bodily fluid to spread an infectious disease. It s pathetic that it takes me, NOT a licensed veterinarian, to tell you that. Steer clear if you can!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saint-Francis-Animal-Hospital/Shamokin-Pennsylvania-17872/Saint-Francis-Animal-Hospital-Alpine-Animal-Clinic-Unprofessional-Rude-DIRTY-and-unreas-935008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saint Francis Animal Hospital