Complaint Review: Saint Johns Insurance Company

• Submitted: Mon, December 01, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 18, 2010

• Reported By:Cantonment Florida
Saint Johns Insurance Company
http://www.stjohnsinsurance.com/ Cantonment, Florida U.S.A.

Saint Johns Insurance Company, Florida Insurance, Susan Tadero Descrimination of pet Cantonment Florida

I am reporting St. Johns Insurance Company, because I am being dropped from my homeowners policy because I have my pet horse on my property. My husband and I bought a new home a month ago. When the issue of a horse on the property first came up Susan (insurance agent) said it would be ok as long as I had a seperate liability policy. The day that I brought my horse onto OUR new property I purchased Equine Liability Insurance for him. The next day an agent from St. Johns shows up at my house, takes her little pictures, and the next day we were told our policy was being canceled. When trying to resolve this issue with Susan I was basically told that I could be offered a HALF policy. The coverage is terrible, but I have to pay a higher price. I feel that I am being discriminated against because I own a horse. I also feel like I was roped into accepting their policy, purchasing the additional liability coverage, and then they took my money and ran. Now I'm being offered this "POS" policy and they want MORE money. What am I supposed to do...sell my family pet? I have waited my whole life to have a home of my own and keep my horse on my property. Now I am being scammed and being told my dream is not possible.

Cantonment, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2008 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saint-Johns-Insurance-Company/Cantonment-Florida-32533/Saint-Johns-Insurance-Company-Florida-Insurance-Susan-Tadero-Descrimination-of-pet-Canto-396492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saint Johns Insurance Company