Complaint Review: Saint Jude's Mortgage Rescue

• Submitted: Tue, December 21, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, August 07, 2012

• Reported By: Sam — Caldwell Idaho U.S.A.
Saint Jude's Mortgage Rescue
1615 9th Ave. Suite 203 Bohemia, New York United States of America

Saint Jude's Mortgage Rescue Billy Alvaro Promises to modify my $1130/mo mortgage payment to $687/mo mortgage for $3500 fee, doesn't uphold his end of the deal. Bohemia, New York

*Author of original report: Still in my home, thanks to Franklin Law

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Loan Mod Trial was approved - he stopped making mortgage payments

Billy Alvaro with Saint Jude's Mortgage Rescue claims he can get you an amazing low mortgage payment by modifying your loan, for a mere $3500.

So, in December of 2009, I signed up with Billy's company to get this great deal. He claimed he would get me set up with a permanent monthly mortgage payment of only $687 a month, down from my current payment amount of $1130 per month. I only had to pay $3500 for Billy to get started working on my case.

But, a year has gone by and he has not gotten me the $687/month mortgage payment he claimed he would get for me, and now I am facing foreclosure on my home. I Pleaded for Billy to help me out, and his only reply is "sorry, but you stopped paying the lender, so I can't help you now, and I don't have time to start you over in the process." Excuse me, Billy? Isn't that why I paid you to help me out in the first place?

Billy claims that he got me a permanent loan modification and that his end of the deal is done. And I'm thinking, "what did I miss?" I never received any documents from the lender saying that I had a permanent modification completed. No, but I received a document stating that I was not eligible for a loan modification because the lender didn't receive all the documents they requested.

What I finally found out is that when the bank gave me an offer to lower my mortgage payment to $982/month, which I refused to take, because it wasn't the deal I paid for, Billy decided to quit working for me without telling me! So, for about 6 months now, while I thought Billy was still working on my case, and I was making my "trial payments" of $650/month, and waiting for the deal which Billy had promised me to come through, he really wasn't. So, I'm out $3500, and facing foreclosure.

I should have listened when people told me that I needed to be careful about loan modification scams. Now I know, and hopefully anyone else out there contemplating a similar route as mine will stay away from Billy Alvaro's Saint Jude's Mortgage Rescue. They'll gladly take your money, but they won't come through on their amazing promises.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2010 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saint-Judes-Mortgage-Rescue/Bohemia-New-York-11716/Saint-Judes-Mortgage-Rescue-Billy-Alvaro-Promises-to-modify-my-1130mo-mortgage-payment-674069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saint Jude's Mortgage Rescue

Still in my home, thanks to Franklin Law

AUTHOR: Sam hennis - (U.S.A.)

So, here I am still in my home in 2012, thanks to the help of the Franklin Law group.  I have a manageable mortgage payment at $692.14 per month including taxes and insurance.  If you're in need of someone who can really help you out with your mortgage modification, I definitely recommend Franklin Law.  Go to franklinlaw.com for further information.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Loan Mod Trial was approved - he stopped making mortgage payments

AUTHOR: B. Alvaro - (United States of America)

Hello this is Billy, and i wanted to clear up some of the incorrect information Mr. Hennis wrote about me and my company.

First off, Mr. Hennis was approved for a trial modification at payments of 615.13 a month.
Mr hennis was to continue to make his trial mod payments on time each month per the agreement.

In June we got a permanent Mod approved at a rate of 4.625% with a payment of $781.48 per month. Mr. hennis original rate was 7.25%,.

He never sent in the remaining docs to bank of America because he did not like the payment of 781.48 because it was 166 dollars a month more than the trial mod. He never signed the docs to convert it to a permanent mod.

In October Mr hennis stopped paying his mortgage AGAIN . In December the bank restarted the foreclosure proceedings -

Mr. Hennis sir, you have to pay the mortgage company as i explained to you over the phone. Unfortunately sir, there is nothing more we can do for you. we provided a good service to you, we were there when you needed us, and we performed sir.

I do wish you the best in the future and only hope you make the mortgage payments.

St Judes