Complaint Review: Salazar Roofing& Construction

• Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: Annette — Norman Oklahoma United States of America
Salazar Roofing& Construction
3564 MacDonell Dr Norman, Oklahoma United States of America

Salazar Roofing& Construction Double Roofing and Gutter Disaster Norman, Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

*Consumer Comment: Salazar Roofing - BEWARE!!

*Consumer Comment: Topix for the person who used Salazar 2009

*Consumer Comment: BBB

*Consumer Comment: Another example of someone choosing a cheap roofer.

I hired Salazar Roofing to put a new roof on my house in October 2009. It is now Febuary 2010. It is now two roofs later. The first roof looked worse than the old roof. My neighbors were apalled and guests asked when I was getting a new roof.

The first roof has soft spots where they did not replace decking. The shingles looked old and the outer edges were curled and raised. The turbines were crooked and rusted and did not match the vents.

The gutters were hung crooked and the trim was knocked loose with nails protruding and missing. One gutter downspout blocked the backyard fence gate from opening. The gutter company left the old gutter clamps on the house under the shingles and caused the shingles to bow up.

I called Salazar and was told that the roof was fine and would lay down when it was summer. I insisted that the owner come out and look and was told he would but he never came. [continued below]....

..... He sent other people out. I had two other roofers inspect the roof and they agreed it had soft spots and was poorly done.

Salazar agreed to re roof which they did. It was better but still looks older than anyone elses in the neighborhood and it is the newest. They came out over 4 times and it is still not right.

The gutter company Salazar sent has been out 5 0r 6 times to rehang the gutters. Now they have caused the siding under the gutters to seperate and crack. The trim is falling off. I called them again and they caulked the crack and did not repair the trim. The nails are still missing and the ones left on almost falling out.

I have been dealing with this for over 4 months and it still is a mess. I am afraid I now will have to replace my entire front under the gutters due to the 2 foot or more seperation and large crack  where it is coming loose from the house.

I have not payed them any money yet but they are wanting to be paid. I am not satisfied with the horrible workmanship. They even put the second roofs shingles in my neighbors yard and left tiret racks in her grass.

I have refused to pay and now I see in the contract that they will put a mechanical lein on my house if I do not pay. I don't know what I can  do from here. I need help. Should I I hire a lawyer? Small claims court? I have a contract for $4550.00 but have not paid them.

My neighbors will not use them for a new roof and my family and friends are apalled at the job they have done. They all said they will back me if it goes to court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2010 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Salazar-Roofing-Construction/Norman-Oklahoma-/Salazar-Roofing-Construction-Double-Roofing-and-Gutter-Disaster-Norman-Oklahoma-577699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Salazar Roofing& Construction

CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

AUTHOR: michelle - (United States of America)

Sir I am sorry that you were not happy with Salazar Roofing and construction but, It sounds like we did go and try to fix the problem several times. Unfortunately if you don't pay then how do you expect us to keep fixing your roof. Now i understand you were not satisfied with our workmanship, but we do keep our customers happy by fixing any problem that might arrise. I Strongly believe that work speaks for its self and Salazar Roofing & Construction is still in business today and will continue . I am truly sorry for the bad experience but we really try to keep every customer happy.

Salazar Roofing - BEWARE!!

AUTHOR: CkSalazarOut - (USA)

I feel bad for the man who has trying to get them back to repair the damage they've caused.  We're going through the same thing with the.  Thus far the roof doesn't leak anymore, but when it did water ran from the roof-line between our portico and warped a very expensive door with leaded beveled glass and side lights.  We've been trying to get this resolved for well over a year with no results.

It is my opinion they use inferior labor, and more than likely they are paid very little.  We're still picking up nails, which is the least of our worries.  The portico is bowing from water damage, and another room has a ceiling that was never fixed from the leaks.

I don't know what else to tell you unless you want to get a lawyer, however they are not going to be easy even if you do.  Good luck!

Topix for the person who used Salazar 2009

AUTHOR: CkSalazarOut - (USA)

Hello,

Please go to Topix and copy and paste what you've written here......if you can post pics., which I'm not sure you can, then by all means do so.  We're having problems getting the mess they made on leaking, poor workmanship, guttering, etc.  Maybe there's power in the number of consumers who step up to the plate~~Salazar is a wealthy man!!  He might have started out with "humble" beginnings, however he has offices in several states and many who work for him.  Encourage anyone who has had a bad experience with him to post their experiences as well.  We're probably going to need to file a lawsuit.  The damage is that bad, and he's unwilling to make it right.

BBB

AUTHOR: Not Happy - (United States of America)

This company is a member of the BBB. They are advertised on Television as one of the hometown roofers. I used them as well and didn't use them because they were cheap (as someone else commented) My insurance was paying after a hail storm and I only had to pay the deductible, so cheap wasn't an issue. I just wanted a good job. I am less than happy with this company and had to get the BBB involved before they would even comeback to look at what was wrong. I will write more about this in the future but I was wondering if you had contacted the BBB?

Another example of someone choosing a cheap roofer.

AUTHOR: Hardtofoolme - (U.S.A.)

Do not ever hire a cheap roofer to do your roof, this is what happens.