Complaint Review: Sales Focus Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 03, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: Myron Cole — Denver Colorado
Sales Focus Inc.
2205 Warwick Way Suite 320 Marriottsville, MD 2110 Mariottsville, Maryland USA

Sales Focus Inc. Norman R. Clausen Unscrupulous Activities, Unfair Treatment to Employees Mariottsville Maryland

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Absurd Allegations

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Rip-Off Report 100% True!!

*UPDATE Employee: Agree with rebuttal.

*UPDATE Employee: Not how I see it

*UPDATE Employee: Not my experience

*UPDATE Employee: TRUE statements about Norman

*UPDATE Employee: False Information about Norman

This company is highly unscrupulous and you need to BE AWARE BEFORE you join them. Not only do they lie and cheat their clients, but they lie and cheat their own employees. While I currently work for the firm I am not sure how much longer I can sit back and watch this sort of behaviour. I watched my manger get fired for no apparent reason, she was an excellent manager who was constantly challenging me to improve myself. She was one of the best leaders I have ever worked with. Yet, she was lied to about our review of her, given no heads up and then just let go. We were told to keep Norman Clausen "informed" and contact him over any little struggle we had. As a head manager, Mr. Clausen is into creating a work environment that is not conducive to productivity. I know in this economy, I shouldn't complain but, I just cannot grasp how one person could treat another like that without fair warning and a disciplinary proceeding. As a tem, we are not sure when he will return to our office, as he travels frequently. I just hope our new guy does not get treated the way the last person did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sales-Focus-Inc/Mariottsville-Maryland-21104/Sales-Focus-Inc-Norman-R-Clausen-Unscrupulous-Activities-Unfair-Treatment-to-Employ-1056019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sales Focus Inc.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Absurd Allegations

AUTHOR: Sales Rep - ()

As a former employee of this company who worked directly for Norman Clausen, I know that it is tough to lose a job. It puts stress on ones personal life and creates a sense of insecurity. That being said, that is no excuse for a disgruntel past employee to make a public report about their former boss.

Norman was the hardest working person I knew, he was literally in the office 7 days a week for nearly 4 months trying to ensure that we would have a successful sales program. Most days, he would have bits of advice, tips, and motivational stories to get us sales reps revved up for the day. In the end, it was the team that couldn't meet their goals despite Norman's efforts.

It sounds like the previous statements were written by former sales managers on the team. The truth is that Dominic Newsome and Darren Kelly were horrible managers. They rarely interacted with the team and instead of coming into the field with us (like Norman often did), they wanted to sit in their office and push papers. Obviously, in a D2D sales environment, that just doesn't cut it. They were let go and replaced by Norman, who was the Program Manager (what kind of PM would Norman had been if he had just let bad sales managers run the team?!).

All in all, I never once felt pressured, unsafe, or unsupported by Norman. He is driven to succeed and dedicated to his team (he even bought my co-worker gas one day because they were driving a little further than usual). Any allegations of him being sexist or racist is simply falsified. I learned a lot when working for Norman and I would jump at the opportunity to work for him again in the future.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Rip-Off Report 100% True!!

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

Norman M Clausen threatened employees jobs & paid them to write the positive reviews of him that are listed here. I know this 100% fact because I was one of them. Norman is a scam artist, along with his "wife". He had sonce been fired from Sales Focus... long overdue. He has made many racist remarks including  that he hoped to live in San Francisco because "everyone stays to their own kind. If you want to see Chinese people you go to china town, black people just go to the ghetto & normal white people everywhere else!" Also he has rude, condescending, innapropraite views & habits to & on women.

Please beware inviting this seemly smart, seemly charming & SEEMLY good employee into your business or life.

Know Locations - San Francisco,  CA ; Chicago, Il ; Baltimore,  MD

Agree with rebuttal.

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

Whether the writer of the original post is whining or not I can't say, but the assessment that Mr Clausen is tough, fair and honest is accurate. My experience in working for him for some time makes me seriously doubt that he lied about an employee's performance.

Not how I see it

AUTHOR: Allen - ()

Norman is a tough driving manager, but fair and honest. That then that is what it takes to stay in business in today's enviornment.  I have known many who would rather whine than do their job, shich is exactly what this sounds like.

Not my experience

AUTHOR: RMS - ()

I worked for Norm in SFI's Chicago office.  I found Norm to be a tough boss with very high expectations of his subordinates, yet more than willing to work with anyone on his team to overcome problems, and understanding if you needed to take care of a personal issue.  During my time with SFI I've never seen them cheat a client, but found their conduct toward our clients to be nothing less than ethical.

TRUE statements about Norman

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I have worked for Sales Focus Inc. under Norman Clausen for over a year now. Over the past year I have not only grown under the quality leadership that Norman provides, I have also learned many valuable skills that I apply to both my personal and professional endeavors. I have approached Norman on numerous occasions with my ideas and concerns and he has always been supportive and does whatever it takes to keep us happy, motivated, and successful. I have never worked for somebody who fights for his team in the way that Norman does.

The allegations against Norman are clearly fabricated and written by somebody who obviously wasn't right for a management position. Anybody who has worked for Norman would laugh at what she wrote knowing full well that she was being malicious in retaliation for getting fired. For those reading this who don't know Norman, please disregard what she wrote; she wasn't even willing to use her real name or admit why she was let go. It's unfortunate that people feel the need to blame others for their own shortcomings.

False Information about Norman

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I am a current sales rep for this company working this program and am also the TOP performing sales rep since the beginning of this program.  The information provided by the above commenter is completely inaccurate, our Project Manager Norman Clausen spent a very large amount of time and was very thorough with our training, our Sales Manager however was completely incompetent.  Not only did she not understand the program and her duties as a Sales Manager, she constantly took credit for my suggestions on how to improve the program and caused huge organizational and directional issues for the sales reps.  I know in working closely with the other sales reps everyone was unhappy with her attitude, condescending tone, treatment of the reps, and organizational issues.  All of her reporting which directly affected our commission pay was inaccurate, she worked with our customers without our permission and lost sales for us, and she never once gave any help, support, or motivation.  I personally asked for her assistance with many different things including a vacation trip, special information / items to give to customers to close a sale, and time spent in the field with me to help close sales.  She constantly tried to assert herself as the dominant role of manager and never tried to work with our strengths, the entire team is full of seasoned sales professionals and she treated all of us like children, even after closing a large sale she would immediately jump to coaching me and telling me how I should have done things differently.  I am a seasoned sales professional and do not take this type of treatment from an unqualified manager lightly, my review on her in the survey as well as 2 of my other co-workers was terrible and completely accurate.  The comment about her "she was an excellent manager who was constantly challenging me to improve myself. She was one of the best leaders I have ever worked with" cannot be even close to true as she was only a manager for 3 weeks, no seasoned sales professional in their right mind could come to that assumption so quickly.

Norman has been very supportive of us, listens to us, plays off our strengths, and helps us grow as a team as well as a company.  I have been very happy working under Norman Clausen and know that he is the correct person for this job,  I believe this previous report written about Norman came from our previous Sales Manager Elle as a disgruntled employee because she was completely taken off guard when she was let go.  Of course an incompetent and overly confident person would react in this manner and be surprised to know that her employees and her supervisor were unhappy with her performance due to the fact that she did not listen to her employee's or try to support them.